91 TC Project almost completed

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Reaper1 said:

I looked at a double DIN unit, and almost got one, then realized the stock location is only 1.5 DIN. I didn't want to hack up the center stack, so I decided against it. It does look good, though!

just get some 2.3 mm Plexiglass at Home Depot or Loews ( cost $5!) and cut out accordingly ...sand it with 400 grit, apply 3M adhesive, cover with vinyl or leather...done in an hour! the unit is a Sony XAV-AX 1000. ( $280 brandnew on ebay) most other units have huge swivel screens that are bigger than the entire dash.....

• Like 1

I was just going to say that it almost begs for a big screen there, even though I HATE 100% touch screens. I have pondered for years how to relocate the HVAC controls without going to the electronic ones (which my other TC is getting). The stupid blend door cable is the big issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reaper1 said:

I was just going to say that it almost begs for a big screen there, even though I HATE 100% touch screens. I have pondered for years how to relocate the HVAC controls without going to the electronic ones (which my other TC is getting). The stupid blend door cable is the big issue.

do you have a link to the electronic controls?

update; as of today, the TC project is DONE..40 days of work went into it; 8 to 12 hours a day. of course, on the way to the shop today, both windshield wipers crapped out on me..in the rain...so instead of enjoying the TC, I had to to the linkage bushings...FUN.

picked up the car later today and was pleased with the job they performed. They refilled the AC with R134 and my brandnew AC components work like a charm and its damn cold...when I drove off, I smiled all the way home...the Magnaflow muffler sounds absolutely great! not too loud, not annoying, just right  and it should have sounded like that for the last 30 years. Now, its all cosmetic stuff from here on...everything else is new, replaced, redone.

in case a TC owner wants the same great service I received today: 

Manning & Son

+17702515199

info@manningandson.com

157 Temple Avenue, Newnan, Georgia 30263

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.45.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.45.17 PM.png

catcat.jpg

magnaflow.jpg

muffler before.jpg

muffler detail.jpg

Muffler close.jpg

mufflerclose.jpg

Edited by shelbyone
more info added pic (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, shelbyone said:

do you have a link to the electronic controls?

I think I have a thread either separate or it is the Rosa thread, but not 100%. I only have a few pictures of me "bench" testing it on the ground so far. I think maybe I took pictures of the wiring. I did everything in parallel and it is all done as close to factory as possible. I scored an entire donor car harness and all, so I surgically spliced in what is needed to run the electronic controls. The hardest part was that my actual electro-vacuum module was dead, but I was lucky to score a NOS one. I also have the electronic dash spliced in, even though they didn't want to do electronic gages in this car. I think it is befitting of the era. I need to finish up the modifications to the front bezel to accommodate the selection buttons, but other than that it's ready to be installed. So, I can swap the car back to a regular cluster and regular HVAC if the need/want ever arises. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

finished sequential turn signals as well as seperated stop light. cables running from front blinkers to make sure the turn signal is not the same as the break light...there is enough room inside the reflector for 7mm high enclosures...

looks awesome and is much safer!

here's the link ( you can also hear the performance cat&muffler) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ebughka06r8f6k/TC sequential.mov?dl=0

sequential .jpg

Edited by shelbyone (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Kane said:

Shelbyone can I have a link to the lower LED bars you used please?

sure...https://www.ebay.com/itm/304073636001

I had to remove the adhesive with goo gone and use my own double sided tape to stick it to the panel ( not the lens) 

VERY important to know : you can adjust the lengh by cutting after every 3 LED's!

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.28.45 AM.png

Edited by shelbyone
addition (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

New Trunk Lid!!! Headgaskets, Camshaft Seal, Crankshaft seal, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Oilpan Seal, Valve Stem Seals...

36 hour job...Headgasket was gone at many locations...head was straight and no need to get it machined ( just manually worked it with 1200 grit and aluminum block - perfectly within specs now) engine purrs..and has more power..

IMG_2919.jpeg

7345d32b-96ea-49f2-8460-2c00dd82de3f.jpg

IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2448.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2421.jpeg

IMG_2415.jpeg