1956 Studebaker President $6,000

This is not mine and I'm not in anyway affiliated with the persons selling it. 

Very Clean! Runs great! Fires right up, 3 on the tree. Great Sunday Driver!

• Like 4

And another clean respectable car you can buy on a Friday, acclimate to on Saturday, take for ice cream Saturday night, and take to a local show on Sunday. 

For $6,000.

This hobby continues to crush the little guy. 🙄😁👍

• Like 6

I was going to post this car after I saw fossil’s posting Of the Pepto-Bismol car. I have a friend who was going to go up to Duluth and look at the car. When I explained the difference between the vice president and the president I think he backed down on going. Too bad, it does look like a really nice car for a reasonable dough.

• Like 1

Jeff,

Both the '56 President Classic and the 'Vice' President have the 289, the former has the four barrel for another 20 horsepower.  If he wants more power, a manifold and carburetor swap is easy.  If he wants more rear seat legroom, then the President Classic is the choice.    I'd bet he'd be happy with the 'Vice' President once he drove it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Jeff,

Both the '56 President Classic and the 'Vice' President have the 289, the former has the four barrel for another 20 horsepower.  If he wants more power, a manifold and carburetor swap is easy.  If he wants more rear seat legroom, then the President Classic is the choice.    I'd bet he'd be happy with the 'Vice' President once he drove it.

I’m with you, I think it is a nice one. There is yet another  1956 President for sale near me. It is a 120 WB President but in worse shape than this President. Of the three I would certainly choose to see the 116 WB one.

• Like 1

I knew this car wouldn't take long to sell for the price, it was in the range that these Studebakers in good condition trade.   The President Classic would too, though colors will put many off although they're period.  Studebaker offered a Mocha and Doeskin two-tone that was similar to the other car posted though more of a light tan with pink overtones.  There was also Rosebud and Snowcap White which this might be a modern match or close.  This 'Vice' President is Glenbrook Green Metallic and Snowcap White.   The combination I'd love to find on a '56 President Classic is Cambridge Gray Metallic with Daybreak Blue.

BTW: manual shift, see photo

'56 Studebaker Vice President.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
 BTW: manual shift, see photo (see edit history)
  • Like 1