New 1968 Riviera owner

60s GM Fan

Greetings,

I am soon to be the new owner of a 1968 Buick Riviera which I'll be picking up from Boulder City, NV on June 4th.  The car has the original 430 V8 with about 69k miles according to the seller.  She'll be my daily driver as I only work about 10 miles away from where I live so mileage isn't an issue for me.  Once I get the car back to AZ I'll be sure to post pictures.

-Tim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, 68RivPearle said:

Does anyone have the serial number range for the 1968 Rivs?  My last 6 digits are 933712.

There were sequential FB numbers for the 63 and 64 Rivieras, but in 65, the Riviera FB was part of the total Buick sequence of numbers.  I doubt if the 50K Rivieras built were numbered separately.

Welp I have good news and bad news.  The good news is shes a very clean car and doesn't appear to have much wear/tear.  The bad news is two pistons were testing low and it was running poorly.  The shop that sold me the car is rebuilding the engine and it should hopefully be done in a few weeks.  Once I get her fixed up I'll post more pictures and videos.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 68RivPearle said:

Welp as usual with any teardown the shop found some issues that require machining.  It pushes back me taking delivery for another few weeks but it'll be done before the end of July.

My rule of thumb: Shop provided estimate to do the job x 2 = ACTUAL estimated time to do the job! 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received some good news today.  Turns out my block is returning from the machine shop and its going to be assembled Friday.  Next week the engine will be tested to ensure everything is working properly.  After that my car should be ready for pickup.  I'll post pictures in a week or two if all goes well.

• Like 2