1933 Pierce-Arrow 1236 Brougham

I was trying to see what were good parts on this.   The spoke wheels?   Looks like it might have cooked.   I like the last sentence.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233987063149

This is a very rare car. Needs a Complete Restoration or make a cool Street Rod. Does have a clean California title, But there was a misprint in the ID.# title reads 2075099 , should be 207099. Will come with a Bill Of Sale. Being Sold As Is. Has rust has dents, don't know if motor turns over, missing carbs, intake, starter Ect. What ya see is what ya get. To be paid in full in 7days. This baby is begging to be restored.

1236-Brougham.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AJ, I knew that car looked "very recently" seen by me on YouTube.  Then I found it again just now: >Go to 29:00 to 31 minute mark on this very recent outdoor auction video.  Yes, the final bid price is audible.  Not sure what State it was held in, but this guy does videos from Kansas to Nebraska? areas:

The guy does many videos of so many large "hoards" of cars/trucks, and it seems like the old hoarders are now finally dumping their ''collections" in noticeably increasing numbers out there where he travels to. 

• Thanks 1

From a street rod/custom stand point. That was a good buy in price for a great platform to build a custom out of. From a restoration angle, lots of money just in tracking down needed parts. I would have bid that amount for that project. Not sure what the seller is wanting to get for it now.

$4,100 at earlier auction.  Agree, the blackened plating, spoke and panel warpage sure makes it look like a victim of fire.  Too bad.

fire1.jpg.b420daf79eab082278cfdf92090cbe9e.jpg

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

California wildfires?

a couple of weeks ago when I first saw the auction video where they said it was from Cal, I too thought of the annual wildfires.

but now looking at these new Ebay rear view pics, it looks like it was in a structure fire and the building rafters then fell on the rear roof?  It was obviously roughly bashed back out with a hammer (but looks like not recently), and then the roof wood looks like it was redone a very long time ago.

I work on rough stuff, but I can't see how the body metal could be saved on that car, it's just too badly warped, and it's warped everywhere.  And the reserve price will be way too high for a rat rodder type build, so who would buy this car unless the chassis parts are worth that much?  Maybe they are.  Ed in Mass would know.

• Like 1

I lost a trans am when my shop caught fire. I had crazy ideas of replacing the warped sheet metal. Alas there was just too much that was damaged and the car not valuable enough to warrant the extra work involved. Still sitting out back, just need to pull the plug and get it to the scrap yard.

This Pierce still could have been the victim of the wildfires. I am sure it would have been stored in a garage.

• 2 months later...