Snap on (snapped off) - tool quality?

Terry Bond

3 hours ago, padgett said:

How about "tools I don't know why I have."

thang.jpg

My mother gave me one of those for birthday one year. If I've ever used it I don't remember it. Looks like something you could damage yourself with.

It was the NAPA tool truck. The brand I saw in there was NAPA Carlyle. Picked up a neat wire terminal crimper. Smaller than the ones I have and should be able to get in tight spots easier than my big Klein and Gardner-Bender.

And the great thing... a 13 year old boy was in there with his grandpa getting his first socket set!👨‍🔧👍

On 3/27/2021 at 1:00 PM, padgett said:

Yes it fits 3/8-13/16....badly.

Dont worry, if you mechanic is using that tool, he doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of fixing the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I took a SO test gauge that stopped working and the SO guy said it would have to be sent back to the factory for replacement. That was a couple years ago, factory still has it.  I have had SO open end wrenches break. I will stick with Craftsman and SK.

1 hour ago, hwellens said:

SO guy said it would have to be sent back to the factory for replacement. That was a couple years ago, factory still has it.

Sounds like you don't have a very good tool jobber. Two years on a repair like that is unacceptable. It's past time to bend his ear or put even more pressure on him to get it back to you, repaired properly, or replace it with new.

2 hours ago, hwellens said:

..................a couple years ago, ..............

A couple YEARS ????!!!!!

A couple days, yeah, sure, O.K.

”     “        weeks.  “        “   , well, maybe.

”     “        months : something very WRONG here.

Did you say YEARS ? Or did you mean to say MONTHS, but mistakenly hit the years button instead while typing ?    -   CC 

• Like 1