Florida amber alert

Buick35

1 hour ago, Buick35 said:

Yesterday I had an amber alert looking for a 71 vw beetle.Orange in color with no windshield.Now that would be hard to find,not! Only in Florida.At least it's not a white mini van.

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Sounds like a thing.

13 minutes ago, TerryB said:

A VW Thing from the 1970s, very unique in its looks which would not be what most people think of as VW.

Nope, a Beetle - also has no license plate.  There's more to the story.  The girl is 17 and has been missing since 2019 - the "kidnapper" is her father.  The alert is here:

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MCICSearch/Flyers/FlyerCust.asp?ID=310749

Following is from the FL Dept of Law Enforcement - not sure this meets the criteria, especially the third.

To activate an AMBER alert the following five (5) criteria must be met:

• The child is under the age of 18
  • Law enforcement has a well-founded belief, based on an active investigation, that a kidnapping has occurred
  • Law enforcement has a well-founded belief, based on an active investigation, that the child is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury
  • There is a detailed description of the child and or the abductor/vehicle to broadcast the public
  • The law enforcement agency of jurisdiction recommends activation
Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Buick35 said:

Yesterday I had an amber alert looking for a 71 vw beetle.Orange in color with no windshield.Now that would be hard to find,not! Only in Florida.At least it's not a white mini van.

Johnny Law was looking for a guy who called himself “Ted” who was driving a yellow VW Beetle up here in Washington State. Had a canoe tied up top. And to make it even harder to find, the A-hole also did have a broken arm in a cast. That sure must have made it blend in with ALL of those other tens of thousands of cool cats running around with arms cast and thusly slinget. But this was before amber alerts. Now look : if this monster had been committing extremely serious crimes, how difficult would it be to find something that conspicuous ? Especially since the P.O.S. actually WAS named Ted. Really was using its  real name while starting a career of horrific mass murders. You remember it from almost 50 years ago. Last name was Bundy. Corner to corner of the USA went this slick talking , walking turd disguised as a human being in mans clothing, from N.W. to S.E. Killing innocent young ladies as it went. At LONG last , THAT thing was finally captured in Florida, and earned a “blind date” with a “gal” named “Sparky”.

A lot of you, my friends, know me as the meek, mild-mannered road runner, a bit shy and withdrawn. Often solo “lone wolfing” the lonely but lovely far flung highways and byways with REAL anonymity, hardly warranting a look, much less a second one. It would be my VEHICLES, (most likely even more unusual than a yellow VW Beetle with a canoe on top being driven by something much more noticeable than the infamous “one armed man” of “Fugitive” fame. After all , O.A.M. was prostheticized, blending into apparent unamputated normalcy), yes, my vehicles rather than myself would and do stick out. I don’t. But, BUT, give me a phone booth into which I can quickly and discretely change to my “Instigatorman” persona, a totally shameless provocateur knowing very few bounds.

It was with intent to provoke a meaningful discussion regarding the late date of esteemed Sparky, as I approached Stark, FL, home of dear Sparky who is doing a life sentence residing in the Florida State Penitentiary there. I was on one of my long distance road adventures, and deliberately routed myself via Stark. I saw a phone booth at a gas station. In went the meek and mild, and out came the wild : “INSTIGATORMAN” !!!!! Standing in line to pre-pay the gasoline, the instigator instigated a bit of a hub-bub concerning the “chair” and its most vile and renowned “fryee”. As luck would have it, standing in line behind the prominently vocal “I-man”, was a guard, an employee, a prison guard at the state lockup there in Stark ! Let ME tell YOU about a “meaningful discussion”. The guard knew Ted, and knew him well. Said that bastard was the most frightening thing he had ever met. Off-scale manipulative, in a class of its own. Guard said he lived in fear that this inhumanly persuasive vicious monster might talk him OUT OF HIS GUN !!!!!!!!!!!        !!!!!!!!!!           Sincerely yours,      -     Instigatorman,          a.k.a.       -   Cadillac Carl 

P.S. Please don’t get me started on another one of Washington’s Most Wanted who was known as the Green River Killer. It and its unique truck had been known by local police for years, and had been identified by some girls who had escaped from it. It was a painter at Kenworth Truck here. I had a very good friend who was a mechanic there. The guys who worked with it had given the painter a nickname  “Green River Gary” . Finally the cops arrested the mass murderer, but in G.R. Gary’s case it was not killing young college girls. G.R. was just knocking off poor , scramble minded streetwalkers. You just never know who you might meet when cruising on down the road. Every now and a rare again, it might not end well.    -     CC 

2 hours ago, C Carl said:

P.S. Please don’t get me started on another one of Washington’s Most Wanted who was known as the Green River Killer. It and its unique truck had been known by local police for years, and had been identified by some girls who had escaped from it. It was a painter at Kenworth Truck here. I had a very good friend who was a mechanic there. The guys who worked with it had given the painter a nickname  “Green River Gary” . Finally the cops arrested the mass murderer, but in G.R. Gary’s case it was not killing young college girls. G.R. was just knocking off poor , scramble minded streetwalkers. You just never know who you might meet when cruising on down the road. Every now and a rare again, it might not end well.    -     CC 

Sounds like his Canadian counterpart just across the line right north of you.  Clifford Olson got away with doing the same thing.  The reason it went on so long with so many victims is these 'scramble minded streetwakers' and prostitutes were not missed by their families, and when they were reported as missing weeks or months later, most of the leads, and other evidence were gone.

Craig