S Prestley Blake RIP 106 years old.

edinmass

An old car friend passed away yesterday. A collector of all cars since the late 40’s in the VMCCA, and a charter member of the CCCA back in 1954 if memory serves me..........a collector of Rolls Royce cars among countless others. Google him, and read his obituary.......an interesting man who went to the same grade school as my father, he was an interesting and unique gentleman.........who was around at the beginning of the car hobby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing Ed.   At 106 I'd say he really won life's lottery.

I can relate a story of a friend's grandfather who turned 100 a couple years ago, still pretty sharp and an interesting fellow.

We all congratulated him on his birthday and wondered at the magical year of 100.  He said it had its pros and cons.  In his assisted living building he said the attendant just lumped him in with all the "kids" in their 80's because  "we all looked the same to her" but had very little in common.  Then, when he felt like crowing about reaching 100, there's the sobering knowledge that every single friend, lover, cousin, school chum and acquaintance he'd ever known were all gone now.  So he said "What's the use of turning 100 if all the people you could impress with it are already dead?"   :lol:

I'd like to reach that mark.

Larry I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say how sorry I am for your loss.  At age 81 and with kids in their late 50's I often think of the possibility of outliving one of them and try to make every family moment count.  You and your family are in my prayers.

• Like 3