Reatta Buy/Sell Forum is gone

Ronnie

• Ronnie pinned and unpinned this topic

Guys, looks like I'm partly to blame for this happening and I sincerely apologize. I've been questioning the need for the admins removal of the Buy Sell forwarding link from the Buick forum and looks like I stirred the pot too much and this is one of the negative outcomes. I had hoped it would go the other way.  I am sorry.

32 minutes ago, Y-JobFan said:

The seem to be with the Reatta general posts

Which, since there is no longer a dedicated Reatta Buy/Sell, may be the best place for them. As with the Buick forums, I understand many of you seldom stray out of this forum so having to go to another forum to view your Reatta ads doesn't make sense. I'd suggest just using the Car for Sale and Parts for Sale prefixes when placing ads here. The Riviera forum does it like this and it seems to work well for them. They also have a pinned Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on Craigs List, eBat Etc which is much used.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Which, since there is no longer a dedicated Reatta Buy/Sell, may be the best place for them. As with the Buick forums, I understand many of you seldom stray out of this forum so having to go to another forum to view your Reatta ads doesn't make sense. I'd suggest just using the Car for Sale and Parts for Sale prefixes when placing ads here. The Riviera forum does it like this and it seems to work well for them. They also have a pinned Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on Craigs List, eBat Etc which is much used.

I see all the for sale and wanted Reatta ads in the regular Reatta forum, I agree it works fine there and saves having to look two places

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B Jake Moran said:

Since the decline of the Reatta hobby I don't see an issue with the merge. If the commenters would not comment on some of the ads, there would maybe be 1 new post a month?  Maybe 20 all year?  It has really dropped off in the past 3 years.  

I don't believe there is a decline of the Reatta hobby, I think Facebook hurt this group immensely.  The main FB group has 1400 members and the smaller one 711.  The main one is extremely active.  Also the convenience of doing your social media and your car stuff all at one place plays into it as well.   I think the rigidness and changing things around all the time of the AACA with the Buick groups has hurt as well, neutering the BCA's involvement on the forum soured a lot members as .  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, padgett said:

Sad thing is that having the buy/sell subdirectory had zero cost and someone had to spend time to remove it.

Similar thing happened to the Buick buy/sell section, it didn't get removed but moved to where you have to go looking for it everytime you want to look at it.  The ease of use of the forum has dropped remarkably.  Try doing a specific search of a group on a smartphone or iPad, near impossible.  The forums operating system is awful 

• Like 1

I have never had much luck with the search functions on the forum, and I put a fair bit of that problem on the user (me), not getting a good handle on how it operates. I find others that have the same complaint so I don’t feel alone in this. I have joined the Facebook groups, both of them, but I just don’t like the format. It is interspersed with ads and unrelated posts, aside from the lack of continuity. Just not my cup of tea for a technical type forum. I understand why it is there, and I do see crossover and recommendations to visit the other Reatta forums, but the idea it is for one stop shopping, so to speak, makes little sense to me. If you can navigate to, from and within Facebook, the user isn’t a Luddite. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Y-JobFan said:

The ease of use of the forum has dropped remarkably.  Try doing a specific search of a group on a smartphone or iPad, near impossible.  The forums operating system is awful 

I'll send this complaint up to the department for you and I'll let you know if I get a reply.

6 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

I don't believe there is a decline of the Reatta hobby, I think Facebook hurt this group immensely.  The main FB group has 1400 members and the smaller one 711.  The main one is extremely active.  Also the convenience of doing your social media and your car stuff all at one place plays into it as well.   I think the rigidness and changing things around all the time of the AACA with the Buick groups has hurt as well, neutering the BCA's involvement on the forum soured a lot members as .  

Thank you for the clarification.  You cited numbers as opposed to opinion.  I stand corrected.  I have had Facebook issues because I use my company provided cell phone number for access.  So, when I changed companies last August, Facebook in all of their non wisdom, made me start over.  It would not allow a change to a new phone number and there is no one to call.  

I was a member of Marck's group but not with the new phone number.