For Sale: 1947 Crosley Convertible - $2,750 - RAPID RIVER, MI - Not Mine - Ad deleted by author 12-15-20

For Sale: 1947 Crosley Convertible - $2,750 - RAPID RIVER, MI

1947 Crosley Convertible - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1947 Crosley Convertible, 2 door, gas, manual 3 speed transmission, 19950 miles, 27 hp, 1155 lbs.

Copy and paste in your email:  410c63b5b24730e687f0176f243ee679@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Crosley Convertible.  Note: This Crosley could be a lot of summer fun for not much money.

'47 Crosley Convertible MI a.jpg

'47 Crosley Convertible MI b.jpg

'47 Crosley Convertible MI c.jpg

'47 Crosley Convertible MI d.jpg

'47 Crosley Convertible MI e.jpg

'47 Crosley Convertible MI f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I know nothing about Crosley's, but that seems like a darned good price. Was this made during or after Crosley made their engines out of layers of sheet metal? I've heard those engines were a little less robust. But for tooling around the neighborhood it would probably be fine. You gotta love the one asymmetrically placed tail light. 😉

The cast iron CIBA block arrived with the 1949 models but many of the earlier cars were retrofitted when the COBRA failed.   A Crosley expert will have to chime in here, but I suspect this car has the CIBA engine which is a good deal more robust.   For tooling round locally, taking the grandkids for ice cream etc. this would be the ideal choice before a side-by-side and a whole lot cooler!

• Like 1

This has the cast iron engine. Most of the tin block CoBra engines were converted to cast iron. The factory was offering a deal to swap them out for a rebuilt cast iron engine for $89. If the engine number has an R next to the number that usually means a factory rebuild/conversion.

• Thanks 1

I've had a "soft spot" for Crosley !

Many, many years ago while living in Linden, NJ, I bought a $6 Crosley HOT SHOT sports car out of an Avanel, NJ junkyard -

the same yard where I got the new convertible top for my '49 Pontiac from a freshly wrecked Chevy.

The engine and tranny rebuild were accomplished on Mom's kitchen table over a couple of weekends and a lot of Dad's help.

The car drove well, but it wasn't the greatest for dating. The Pontiac convertible was a much better choice.

23 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

I've had a "soft spot" for Crosley !

Many, many years ago while living in Linden, NJ, I bought a $6 Crosley HOT SHOT sports car out of an Avanel, NJ junkyard -

I'LL GIVE YOU $7 FOR IT!!😄

If our lawnmower shed in the back yard was just a little bit bigger, I'd consider getting this (or Marty's) Crosley. Less storage space is one of the appealing things about these cars.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I'LL GIVE YOU $7 FOR IT!!😄

If our lawnmower shed in the back yard was just a little bit bigger, I'd consider getting this (or Marty's) Crosley. Less storage space is one of the appealing things about these cars.

Might have been fun if I still had it, but invested about $25 bucks, got it running, titled, licensed, looking much better, and sold it a year later for $300

• Like 1

Several of our Crosley Club members use yard barns as car storage buildings. Some use one per car, some get the extra long and put two end to end. Plenty of room left over on the sides for extra stuff. You just have to be sure the door is wide enough, you need a little over 4' and just so you're not too tight, I would get 14' long.

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1947 Crosley Convertible - $2,750 - RAPID RIVER, MI - Not Mine - Ad deleted by author 12-15-20