Be a Santa to a Senior. 🎅

victorialynn2

I hope this is allowed it seems appropriate since most of us are much more fortunate than many.

Please consider purchasing a gift through Amazon for a local Senior to be sent directly to one who might otherwise not get one. Most are asking for chocolates and blankets or slippers. if you choose “This item is a gift” at checkout, you can purchase a gift bag also. 

https://www.beasantatoasenior.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2020 at 2:36 AM, Rusty_OToole said:

If you have anything to send, you can send it to me. Looks like a cold winter so you could start with an electric blanket, a bottle of 12 year old  Canadian whiskey and 200 gallons of furnace oil. Thanks.

How about 200 bottles of whiskey and 1 Gal of oil?

:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, Rusty_OToole said:

Reminds me of a story of an 85 year old man celebrating his birthday. He got some nice presents but said, "why didn't you get me something real nice like a new Corvette or a date with Scarlett Johansson? I guess it's just as well you didn't, I haven't driven in years".

Ha ha ha ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh5jfvNOwK0  😉

On 11/19/2020 at 11:12 PM, victorialynn2 said:

I hope this is allowed it seems appropriate since most of us are much more fortunate than many.

Please consider purchasing a gift through Amazon for a local Senior to be sent directly to one who might otherwise not get one. Most are asking for chocolates and blankets or slippers. if you choose “This item is a gift” at checkout, you can purchase a gift bag also. 

https://www.beasantatoasenior.com

I don't need anything from Amazon but I'd be most appreciative if you'd send me your retractable.  😁

• Haha 2

Many thanks to VictoriaLynn2 for reminding us what the season should be about. For many years I've tried to get my wife to tone down the Christmas gifts to me and the kids by a factor of four or five, but pop culture and upbringing are very difficult to undo. A great solution is to redirect people's compulsive holiday spending to people who really need and appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

I was joking as I knew he wouldn’t. 

as I was joking about you sending me the car (not that I'd send it back if you did 😁)

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

Many thanks to VictoriaLynn2 for reminding us what the season should be about. For many years I've tried to get my wife to tone down the Christmas gifts to me and the kids by a factor of four or five, but pop culture and upbringing are very difficult to undo. A great solution is to redirect people's compulsive holiday spending to people who really need and appreciate it.

x2.  Despite my little fun-poking exchange with her in this thread, her point is well taken - it really is more blessed to give than to receive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1