For Sale: 1926 Nash Ajax 4 dr touring car Model 220 - $13,500 - Theodore, AL - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $10,995, May 2021:

For Sale: 1926 Nash Ajax 4 dr touring car Model 220 - $13,500 - Theodore, AL - Price Reduced to $10,995, May 2021: see new link below.

https://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/d/mobile-1926-nash-ajax-dr-touring-car/7228562192.html

1926 Nash Ajax 4 door touring model 220, light 6 cylinder, runs and stops great, electric start, new interior and new top that folds up and down, all lights work, has been in museum for many years.

Copy and paste in your email:  c108314efe0c38fd954efac9e6c204d4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1926 Nash Ajax 4 dr touring car Model 220.

'26 Nash Ajax AL a.jpg

'26 Nash Ajax AL b.jpg

'26 Nash Ajax AL c.jpg

'26 Nash Ajax AL d.jpg

'26 Nash Ajax AL f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Price Reduced to $10,995, May 2021: (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 11/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, neil morse said:

Wow, I've never heard of a Nash Ajax, but that looks like a fun little car.

The seller named it incorrectly.  It is simply an Ajax,

not any model of Nash.  Ajax was a "companion car"

brand, just as Oakland introduced the Pontiac and

Studebaker introduced the Rockne.

One of our local members has a restored Ajax sedan.

All Ajax cars are rare.  They weren't a successful 

brand, and near the end of their short run, their

parent, Nash Motors, reverted the model to

Nash branding.  I understand Nash even offered

Ajax owners new Nash hub caps, etc. so that their

cars wouldn't be seen as undesirable orphans.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1926 Nash Ajax 4 dr touring car Model 220 - $13,500 - Theodore, AL - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $10,995, May 2021:

How would something like this compare to a Model T? 

Conventional transmission sure, Wheel (not drive shaft) brakes, vacuum tank, not gravity feed . . .

How about size - maybe similar?  Both small, entry level cars(?) 

Power - probably more than a T, but is it usable power? can you tell tell difference when driving?

Parts and club support - I imagine getting Ajax parts might be difficult and even in the Nash circles there would be few resources(?) 

You have to want a model T because you want a model T. Most 1926 cars will be pretty slow. The T was a 1909 design with a few improvements, and the Ajax was an all-new car from a company that put an emphasis on engineering. It probably has a bunch of main bearings, four wheel brakes, and maybe even full pressure oiling. Not to cast any shade on a T, as I would love to have one, but if those were the choices I would be tripping over myself to get this instead.

• Like 2

Hummmm. . . certainly appealing. I have a 24 T touring. Thinking about exchanging it for another 20s car.

The T is too small to be comfortable for me. At 6' 7" I have to try a car on to see if I even fit.  

I don't need another big, complex, expensive, make. 

m-mman

The Ajax was a step up in size and price above the Model T Ford, spec's Ajax vs Ford respectively:

Wheelbase: 109", vs 100"

Engine: six, 169.6 ci 40hp, 7 main bearings vs four, 176.7 ci, 20hp, 3-main bearings, both L-head

Brakes: Mechanical four wheel vs contracting transmission band with hand-operated internal expanding on rear wheel drums.

Prices for the 1926 touring: $865 vs $375.

The 1925-'26 Ajax became the Nash Light Six Series 220 the next season. 

9 hours ago, m-mman said:

Hummmm. . . certainly appealing. I have a 24 T touring. Thinking about exchanging it for another 20s car.

The T is too small to be comfortable for me. At 6' 7" I have to try a car on to see if I even fit.  

I don't need another big, complex, expensive, make. 

I'm 6'4", and spent a few years trying to wedge myself into my 1930 Ford Roadster before I gave up and switched to '30's Buicks (and now LaSalle) with seat adjusters. Even the big '20's cars tend to be skimpy on driver legroom, and non-adjustable driver's seats pretty much guarantee someone of your stature will be cramped. 

The Ajax looks like a nice car.

1 hour ago, suchan said:

I'm 6'4", and spent a few years trying to wedge myself into my 1930 Ford Roadster before I gave up and switched to '30's Buicks

I have the same problem with Model A's. Went to the 30 DeSoto with adjustable seat and fit problems went away. Also the Hydraulic brakes are a big upgrade. Henry Ford was not a big man and his cars were sized to fit him. For the most part people were smaller back then. Walter Chrysler was not small. 

• Like 1