1917 Paige, Basket Case ! Pacific North West $2500.00

I know there is a reasonable interest in Paige automobiles on the forum. They are very nice in my opinion. 

This one is rough , but rare to find in this corner of the world. And the price seems reasonable.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/grand-coulee-1917-paige-touring-car/7213841717.html

Greg

It’s not even a parts car. It’s not a project car. It’s a pile of Paige parts of dubious condition. 2500 is too much......that’s why they are asking that number.

Yes , I noticed that. Even a quick glance should tell the seller this photo is of a totally different body style and obviously not the same car. Too bad this one has wood spoke wheels. Pin drive wires seem fairly common on Paige's.

Greg

Just now, edinmass said:

It’s not even a parts car. It’s not a project car. It’s a pile of Paige parts of dubious condition. 2500 is too much......that’s why they are asking that number.

It's like I have said before Ed. In the Pacific North West there is a lot of interest but very few cars available. It seems to be a $2500.00 basket case / lost cause or a $50,000.00 nice car.

Very little in the middle and those are usually Black T's , small model Nickle Maxwell's /  Overland's. Hard to get very excited about low end cars of the late teens , early 1920's.

The ad states priced to sell and I expect it will.

Greg

Problem is there is no where to go with the car........any missing parts will have to be made, and from the looks of it, it’s missing lots. There is such a thing as a reasonable decision.......that pile of stuff doesn’t come anywhere near that. Buying a car, hauling it 3 thousand miles, and paying duty if required are all reasonable costs. The hobby has a minimum tip in cost......for any level of car. The pile of parts offered for sale isn’t a car, or a project. Dreamers dream.....and after purchase, that car is a nightmare. 

• Like 1

I am not disagreeing , not at all. But like you say yourself look at 10 cars before buying. That's a lot of frequent flyer points / car rentals / hotel rooms before

you land a good one.  It's sometimes hard to convince a spouse an old car in your local area is worth investigating , let alone cars a thousand or more miles away.

Greg

This car has been in our family for years. It has spent the last 30-40 years in a shed where it was dismantled. It’s is still apart but it seems all/most of the parts are there but no guarantees. Old photo of complete car is when it was fairly new but unknown year of photo.

We will never do anything with it and would like someone to take on the project.

We’ve priced it to move so don’t wait to pull the trigger!

• Like 1

I think you guys are being a little negative,everyone wants a low mileage complete car that’s easily restored,but some are attracted to the projects like this I myself love the challenge,it’s just the older I get the longer it takes to get things done,I think it’s a good thing they put this car for sale,it is a project and a starting point for some,       Dave

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JustDave said:

I think you guys are being a little negative,everyone wants a low mileage complete car that’s easily restored,but some are attracted to the projects like this I myself love the challenge,it’s just the older I get the longer it takes to get things done,I think it’s a good thing they put this car for sale,it is a project and a starting point for some,       Dave

Yes but its still overpriced. I appreciate they are trying to sell.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...