What do Astronomy and a Vintage Pontiac have in common?

Peter Gariepy

Small world. I did the processing for Astronomy Magazine for years until the original owner sold it. It was started by a fellow in grad school that did his thesis on the feasibility of starting a magazine on Astronomy. Half way thru he saw it was so good he quite school and started the magazine. He developed a brain tumor and passed away about six years later and his brother took over the pub. 

• Like 1

Not related to a car, except the dentist probably drove one, in 2010 a meteorite fell into a dentist office in Northern VA while the office was open!😲 

The big legal question of the day, who owned it? Tenant (dentist) or Landlord? i.e. who got the tax deduction for the donation, and how to value it.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/meteorite-crashes-through-virginia-doctors-office

What do Astronomy and a Vintage Pontiac have in common?

I'm really glad that nobody said, "Pontiac owners are space cadets."  😄

Meteorite in space- worthless. 

Meteorite in your office-priceless!

A while back I was thinking a car that was demolished by a meteorite would be worth a whole lot of money. Kind of like having the car that Archduke Ferdinand was shot in. He should've kept that car intact. It might be worth a fortune today.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)