1967 DeTomaso Vallelunga Coupe

I went to the NAPA auto parts store this morning and this red sports car with gold wheels pulled into the lot. I had no clue as to what it was but it looked like an early Italian exotic.   Mystery solved after 5 minutes on the AACA for sale forum. I don’t think there is too many of these early DeTomaso’s out there.

Not one of the popular DeTomaso's,  most likely because of the little engine.   Does look like a Dino.   When I was in 5th grade around 1975 there was a teacher who drove a red Pantera to school everyday.   That was my favorite car save the Muira.     When I was older and you could buy the best Pantera in the world for 25k I was too busy looking for a Muria.  Taking my time the prices started to go up and next thing you know a "S" is 7 figures and I'm not going to ever have one.

8 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

Does it annoy anyone else when they put the hoist under a trailing arm and bend it? Probably doesn't matter in this case, as it all has to come out for resoration, anyway.

Wow! I just saw that. Makes you wander about consigning a car to Beverly hills Car Club. What other damage has been done?

I find their pricing a laugh. Interesting car , but at perhaps 2 - 3 times the price of a Lotus Europa  . I mention the Lotus because it is a very similarly engineered car. And  faster as the later Europa

uses the Ford twin cam version  of the Cortina engine rather than the base, push rod  version of this car.

Greg

13 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

Does it annoy anyone else when they put the hoist under a trailing arm and bend it? Probably doesn't matter in this case, as it all has to come out for resoration, anyway.

Send that minimum wage lot boy up here to put this quarter million car up on the lift.   (oil and water)?

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)