Is Hershey Cancelled for 2020?

B Jake Moran

Guest Mark McAlpine

Hello B Jake Moran,

As 61 Polara said, the Eastern Fall Nationals are still being held on Friday-Saturday, 9-10 October.  (Judging School & CJE are on Friday afternoon.  The show is on Saturday.  See the brochure on the AACA website for more details.)

More information about the show (and on the change of location for the Grand Nationals, which are now being held in Gettysburg, PA, on Friday-Saturday, 21-22 August) is posted on the AACA website (bottom right corner), was e-mailed to all members (who provided AACA HQ their e-mail address when they joined the club and/or renewed their membership), and is posted elsewhere in the AACA Forum.  Info about the show is also in the latest issue of Antique Automobile magazine.  (The change in location for the Grand Nationals was mentioned as a possibility in Steve Moskowitz's article in the magazine, but had not been confirmed at the time of publication, so is not announced in the magazine nor updated in its calendar.)

I hope you can make it to the show.  It will be different from past years, but it will be nice to finally get to attend a car show.  Thanks to the Hershey Region and AACA HQ for finding a solution to safely hold the show!

• 1 month later...

What’s the latest info on the Hershey car show Saturday?  The AACA homepage says “ALL EVENTS CANCELLED!”  

I want to attend however I do not want to drive several hours next Saturday to see an empty grass field so I am hoping to get accurate info!

thanks

william 

The AGN was good practice getting used to recognizing everyone in their masks.  We've been to several old car events there and the restaurant staff is starting to ask if we want the "usual" beers.

Terry

• Like 1

Some of us are going to Hershey during the week. We’ll visit the Museum, have lunch- and then sneak onto the Green field and take a selfie in our swap meet spots. Sort of a twisted attempt at civil disobedience! Yeah, let’s shoot for Thursday! Thursday is always a great day at Hershey.

• Like 1

Man I am so bummed about the entire event being cancelled this year, and I know I am not alone!

When we found out ‘27 Buick two and a half year ago I didn’t realize that it would cause me to catch the old car bug the way it has!! I’ve been so excited ever since attending the Hershey swap meet and car show in 2018, I attended three days in 2018, and four days in 2019 and plan to be at four days each and every years meet from here on our.....yes “Screw You Covid-19 for fudging Up our plans!!!!”🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂😂

I am off work this week since we had planned to attend the meet!  So I will at least get out and enjoy the car a day or two and am hoping to attend the Gettysburg show!!

^Keeping 🤞🏼 that I can get off work that Saturday to attend!!

For those who feel the urge to drool on old cars, there's still the Hangover.  Next Saturday through Tuesday, October 10-13.  We'll be staying at the Comfort Inn in Denver, PA, about 40 miles from Hershey, and touring on back roads every day.  Social distancing rules will be in effect.  About 35 pre-1916 cars.  Sponsors are the Snappers Bas and Gas Region AACA and the Susquehanna Valley Regional Group HCCA.  This will be the ninth consecutive Hershey Hangover.

• Thanks 1