Fog lights

mathgirl

24 minutes ago, drwatson said:

Are they a matched pair?  (including lenses?)   Matched pair would be more marketable.

Determine if they are 6 or 12 volt before testing.

Yes, they are a matched pair.  How do I determine if they are 6V or 12V?

I'll get some more pictures of them today.

32 minutes ago, mathgirl said:

How do I determine if they are 6V or 12V?

If there's no indication on lens face,  you might need to remove glass sealed beam unit to inspect backside.

Voltage or mfgr # might be stamped on back.  Google mfgr # 

12 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

why does the one on the left appear to have greater diameter than the 4 inch one you're measuring ?

I think it's the angle and how I have them sitting when I took the picture.  I still need to get them out and look them over more.  Get some more detailed pictures.  It's a busy time right now with all the veggies we have growing.  Been picking, canning, and freezing stuff!

IMG_20200727_140609.jpg

not a matched pair by the wiring method one through the triangular bracket the other not sure.also different wiring and one looks to have a darker amber lens.may be angle of shot but blue wired one does appear larger as stated by others aftermarket

1 hour ago, 54vicky said:

not a matched pair by the wiring method one through the triangular bracket the other not sure.also different wiring and one looks to have a darker amber lens.may be angle of shot but blue wired one does appear larger as stated by others aftermarket

Look closer and see that the yellow wire does not come out of the triangular plate. I see a frayed end at both ends of the yellow wire.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Unity brand fog and spotlights were popular accessories.  Unity had their name printed on a crest on top of the light.  They usually command more money than more plain and generic lights.  Here is a set of Unity lights mounted on a 1937 Dodge I once owned.  If your lights were factory accessories that would increase their value.

1C444BA1-C20C-4EBA-A664-02C100522DD7.jpeg