Man who was legally Blind has operation to restore his sight then buys a Corvette

Mark Gregory

This Blind Man Got His Vision Back and Immediately Bought a Corvette

Mike Schickerowski bought the C7 Grand Sport for her looks, but has fallen in love with her power.

There was once darkness, but now there is speed. After a blind Canadian man miraculously regained his vision, he immediately did what any red-blooded man would: bought himself a gutsy V8-powered sports car.

Mike Schickerowski from Benalto, Alberta, was born with an eye condition known as nystagmus that rendered him legally blind and unable to drive. Until recently, curing the condition, which basically involves the involuntary movement of your eyes, was considered impossible.

Still, the resilient 44-year-old decided to sign up for experimental surgery at a clinic in California, and, fortunately, the procedure was a resounding success. To celebrate, Schickerowski splashed out on his very first car: a bright yellow Chevrolet Corvette C7 Grand Sport.

Mike Schickerowski and his Chevrolet Corvette C7 Grand Sport

3 hours ago, deaddds said:

Have I abbreviated Chevy wrong since forever? They write it Chevvy in the article. That doesn’t seem right or I’m an idiot.

It was not out of a rag publication it came out of the Robb Report.

Some maybe in those parts of Western Canada they say Chevvy here in Eastern Canada we say Chevy.

My grandfather Dutch was a '"Shivvy" man, a '40. '47, '61 Biscayne. '67 Bel Air, '73 Chevelle and '80 Malibu.   Only a few Fords in between, a '50 which he won at a fireman's raffle, a '56 Customline hardtop and a '67 Custom which was his last work car.