1953 New Yorker Convt $4900 (CDN?) Winnipeg

Old Conv'ts like these are neat to find and fun to ponder about restoring,  seeing all the potential,  but with prices the way they are today,  I would bet you could find a very nice example for 25-30G.

Bet the chrome bill alone would be over 10 grand. Then start adding everything up from there. 

I picked a 53 Buick Convertible up years ago in similar or just a tad better shape.  A little dreaming alot of detailing and cleaning, then let someone else carry the torch.  Next owner did the same for 15 years, then sold it to the next guy wit ha dream.  Doubt it will ever get restored. Probably just like many project cars we keep shuffling around the hobby. 

3 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I admit, I had reservations about even posting this one.

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't worth posting!  They're all interesting, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys. I suppose that if you had a fairly nice parts car, that might go a long way towards dealing with the chrome and stainless. Or maybe that's overly simplistic. There's no doubt about it, though, a nice New Yorker convertible would be a valuable terrific car. I can't imagine what a leather interior must cost these days...