Edmunds Intake Manifold...

mathgirl

3 hours ago, mathgirl said:

What car does it go on?  By the way, I inherited a bunch of old car parts.  So I maybe posting on here a lot!  Thanks!

IMG_20200708_101905.jpg

You need to take a picture of the port side of the manifold as well as measurements between the holes and overall.    There is a 90 percent chance it goes on some late 40s or early 50s straight Eight.  Packard, Pontiac, etc.

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

You need to take a picture of the port side of the manifold as well as measurements between the holes and overall.    There is a 90 percent chance it goes on some late 40s or early 50s straight Eight.  Packard, Pontiac, etc.

Does this help?

IMG_20200710_154001.jpg

I think I may have found another one online.  It looks like it goes on a Hudson Essex Terraplane with a 308.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  But I have no idea what year(s) it would fit.  I know my family had a bunch of Hudson Hornets that they drove all the time.  Please forgive me because I'm not super knowledgable in these old cars.

Edmunds trivia:  Eddie Edmunds made an incredible variety of manifolds, heads and other things for just about any car brand imaginable. He even opened a fancy looking shop to bring your brand new early 50s car in for installation. 

It was said that he started off pre-WW2 making just one thing for Model A powered salt flats racers.  The earlier parts like the manifold above, had that hand done cursive Edmunds scripts.  It was said that Eddies wife was the one who hand lettered those early casting bucks.

He was bought out in the later 50s by Fenton who re-lettered a select few of the Edmunds molds that they chose to make for their product line. The article said he sold out because in hard times, he'd skip paying the bill at one foundry, then go to another, and eventually ran out of foundries willing to work with him. Who knows the real truth though, in case it's not all fact. One thing for sure, his products have a huge following still, to this day.

26 minutes ago, F&J said:

Edmunds trivia:  Eddie Edmunds made an incredible variety of manifolds, heads and other things for just about any car brand imaginable. He even opened a fancy looking shop to bring your brand new early 50s car in for installation. 

It was said that he started off pre-WW2 making just one thing for Model A powered salt flats racers.  The earlier parts like the manifold above, had that hand done cursive Edmunds scripts.  It was said that Eddies wife was the one who hand lettered those early casting bucks.

He was bought out in the later 50s by Fenton who re-lettered a select few of the Edmunds molds that they chose to make for their product line. The article said he sold out because in hard times, he'd skip paying the bill at one foundry, then go to another, and eventually ran out of foundries willing to work with him. Who knows the real truth though, in case it's not all fact. One thing for sure, his products have a huge following still, to this day.

I did read a little about him but I didn't hear about him skipping out on paying the foundries.  So by what you said, this on would be made before WW2?  Does that mean it will only fit cars of that era or will it fit any of the 308s?

1 hour ago, mathgirl said:

So by what you said, this on would be made before WW2?  Does that mean it will only fit cars of that era or will it fit any of the 308s?

I was not clear enough.  I was only giving the pre-WW2 time as when he made his first part for sale to other racers.

The hand done cursive lettering went into the 1950's and just a few new products that he came out later with, had different lettering.

I don't know pricing on that.  Seems like rare things like that do well on some social sites, maybe Instagram or maybe F/B marketplace?  I don't know those sites, but some people that do very well selling on them, might have been gathering followers for a long time?

2 hours ago, F&J said:

eddie edmunds went bankrupt because he defaulted on his government loan, he got the loan approved because he said he could improve the performance of cadillac engines that were in army tanks, after a while he moved from making intakes and cylinder heads to making air conditioning for luxury cars. he died in 1969.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...