1970 Cadillac Eldorado - NH - Not Mine

For Sale on Craigslist  1970 Cadillac Eldorado in Merrimack, NH  -  $4,995  -  Contact:  John  603  440  4547

Link:  https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/7141946700.html

Seller's Description:

1970 Eldorado 500 cid engine, 400 hp.matching numbers.  42,000 miles.  runs and drives well.  a few cosmetic issues,very good overall condition.  $4995.

Call John 603  440   4547.

image.png.9904fbe56bd0dbfd99c0c7a7b7c7c621.png

image.png.c753259727fa4e89601d7c425fce4a0d.png

image.png.518558f3e60f8a7781f87c25285e1dc7.png

image.png.a3ea37f4a31a3d86762a0ba2eb16f995.png

image.png.7191e1b96f6baa1cc1c522bd32fff405.png

• Like 1

Years ago I missed a 1970 Eldorado, like this, in Nottingham Green with white vinyl roof and white leather interior. I thought it was the sharpest combination I'd ever seen. I've always kept my eye out for another, but they seem hard to come by. If this car had the white interior I would already own it.

eldorado.thumb.jpg.2e5decd7f2a3dd9c1ccf11864b114c49.jpg

Wow, another great Eldo deal. It sort of highlights the great values that cars in the personal luxury category can be. This era of Eldorado might actually be a notch above the personal luxury niche, but it kind of suggests the category in styling and configuration. 

I'd love to have it, but I wonder how many gallons to the mile it's rated at.... 😄

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

Years ago I missed a 1970 Eldorado, like this, in Nottingham Green with white vinyl roof and white leather interior. I thought it was the sharpest combination I'd ever seen. I've always kept my eye out for another, but they seem hard to come by. If this car had the white interior I would already own it.

Well, Greg, your wishes might come true.  There's one

in your home state in your favored color combination--

green paint and white interior.  It's currently overpriced,

in my opinion, with an asking price of $33,000, but it does

look exceptionally nice, and has a stated 32,000 miles.  Maybe

make  contact and be very patient, and buy the car at a realistic

price 6 months or a year from now!

My Old Cars Price Guide (actually their 2020 annual book) gives

an estimated value of $13,050 in #3 condition, $20,300 in #2,

and $29,000 in #1.  Is this car in #1 condition?  It's not far off.

Here's the link for the green-and-white Eldorado, for sale in

Flintridge, California.  I'm rooting for you:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/cadillac/eldorado/2304042.html

67830989-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

68232619-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

68232648-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

68232767-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GregLaR said:

The car that John posted from Hemmings is already in California.  It's beautiful and it's for sale!  

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)

Thanks John, I found this car a couple months ago as well. It is exactly the right one but the price just rules it out. While I would spend that amount on another car, I don't think any Eldo from that era is worth $33K yet.

There are many '67-'70 Eldorados here in California, I watch them regularly. Seems 90% of the time they are gold on black, which is OK, just not my first choice. 

I keep my eye open and prefer a '68 over the '67 for the disc brakes. Many good colors in '68 to choose from too. Then I keep looking for that Nottingham Green on white '70. Found one in Dallas a few years ago but it was very rusty, which was a shame.

Oh well....

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

Thanks John, I found this car a couple months ago as well. It is exactly the right one but the price just rules it out.

If you really like it, I recommend being patient.  I have bought

2 cars over the years whose price eventually was HALF

the original asking price.  This green-and-white Eldorado

may not come down that much, but it's better keeping

in contact than missing it!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

That looks to be the one out of San Francisco that was written up in the Cadillac LaSalle Club magazine several years ago.

This is that car. Original owner passed away in '08.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

If you really like it, I recommend being patient.  I have bought

2 cars over the years whose price eventually was HALF

the original asking price.  This green-and-white Eldorado

may not come down that much, but it's better keeping

in contact than missing it!

The one I foolishly let slip through my fingers was back in 1994. Along with the lesson of regret I have learned patience. 😄

13 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Thanks John, I found this car a couple months ago as well. It is exactly the right one but the price just rules it out. While I would spend that amount on another car, I don't think any Eldo from that era is worth $33K yet.

There are many '67-'70 Eldorados here in California, I watch them regularly. Seems 90% of the time they are gold on black, which is OK, just not my first choice. 

I keep my eye open and prefer a '68 over the '67 for the disc brakes. Many good colors in '68 to choose from too. Then I keep looking for that Nottingham Green on white '70. Found one in Dallas a few years ago but it was very rusty, which was a shame.

Oh well....

Greg 

I have owned 67s and a 68 and prefer the 68s. I used to need hidden headlights but now live the 69-70s as well. But the 68s has so many improvements over the 67 I won’t consider a 67 Eldorado.  Opposite for Toronado.  

The difference in braking systems is enough to make me pass on the '67. Drum brakes as apposed to disc brakes for '68.

Also, the '68 has the new 472 over the 429 of the '67. And from personal experience, check the condition of the oil pump in a 429, and replace the timing gears & chain in the 472, 500, etc. and all G.M. big V8 engines with the nylon cam gears.    -    Carl 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

please expand on the differencea - educational moment for me

The 472 was a vast improvement over the 429. The windshield wipers were hidden for the 1st time, cleaning up the lines.  The front turning lamps were located in the edges of the front fenders. In 67 they had a die cast piece there that looks like an afterthought  

The lamps are nicer.  The interior door panels and dash were reworked (more the door panels) for the better.  And of course the big improvement were the disc brakes. 

Ward's 1968 Automotive Yearbook lists the percentage of options ordered for the previous model year.  Page 33 lists the following percentages for the Eldorado:

AM radio 22%
ac 97.1%
T & T steering column 71.6%
disc brakes 43.3%
power seat 96%
bucket seats 4.9%
vinyl top 75.2% 
whitewalls 99.1%
tinted glass 98.7%
cruise control 36.3%

total units 17,930

As you can see, 43% of the '67 Eldorados had front disc brakes. 

The '68 also had wood paneling on the dashboard and door panels.  Also, front disc brakes and power quarter windows were standard.

Edited by Jim Skelly
. (see edit history)
  • Like 1