Rare parts

JustDave

I’ve been thinking again. Dangerous I know, but since we are supposed to be locked down how about going threw are parts stash and collectibles and list some of those parts we’ve been hoarding for the day we get that car,or the parts left from the car cold many years ago,just maybe something good  will come out of these trying times,maybe we can help one of are brothers find that part he’s been searching for to finish his restoration,we can post them here and keep track to let everyone know the good it’s doing

• Like 1

Also have a For Sale section on the Memorabilia forum for all kinds of automobilia.  It can be a "virtual Hershey" for us.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 3:18 PM, JustDave said:

I’ve been thinking again. Dangerous I know, but since we are supposed to be locked down how about going threw are parts stash and collectibles and list some of those parts we’ve been hoarding for the day we get that car,or the parts left from the car cold many years ago,just maybe something good  will come out of these trying times,maybe we can help one of are brothers find that part he’s been searching for to finish his restoration,we can post them here and keep track to let everyone know the good it’s doing

Ok, here's an example, the cluster and low/reverse gears for an 810-812 Cord.  In '55 I decided the best way to protect them for eventual needs and to enjoy them in the mean time was to use them for a lamp base, painted gold.  It turned out that gold was an appropriate color, that's what they practically are!  Am I lucky,  they still haven't been needed for replacement, yet.  Not available, they will have to stay in my stash for that dreadful day.MVC-024S.JPG.db7392215829471ee1497e2762742dba.JPG 

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I guess I’m missing the point too as the very first thing I thought was what Joe and Terry posted...

If you go looking I have a lot of very hard to find stuff for sale in the collectibles section with the intention of using the money on my Pierce. While digging through the stuff I found a timer for a 2-cylinder Buick that went to a guy who posted a question about a spring inside one for little money Compared to one for a Ford T because I didn’t know what it was until his post. A fun sideline, and it’s helping someone but they are more collectibles than parts so I know I won’t ever be in a bind and NEED them.

Not everyone wants to sell what they got stashed, but make sure your spouse or kids know what those things are because I’m sure my wife would toss that “ugly gear lamp” if it were mine and I died...

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you mark this is what I mean,a lot of us are locked down even part time,I know there is a buy and sell forum but what was meant more than the money is being able to help each other,I agree some parts we don’t have a clue what they fit but someone may be hurting for that very part,some people on here make there living by selling stuff and I don’t expect them to join in,but I believe mark understood where I was going with this.    Dave

For what it's worth I discovered and explored the memorabilia for sale section because of this thread...I had seen the cars and parts for sale sections in the past. Hopefully, if he still has them, I will be contributing to Mark's Pierce project shortly.

• Like 1