Progress on the '64

frenchy51

It's been about 2 years but I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel! All done with body work and paint and have her running well. Doing the fun stuff now-Bolting on the Bling!  Thanks to all forum members for their help. 

_DSC4141.JPG

_DSC4142.JPG

_DSC4143.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Turbinator! You've been great help with the project along with other forum members. It's almost done-waiting on seats to get recovered and I need to cure an overheating problem......New aluminum radiator, water pump, thermostat, and flushed the system well but boils over after a few mile test drive....I've checked thermostat-It's opening. The car had sat quite awhile before I bought it so maybe block is really dirty (rusty) inside? I thought I had it flushed well but I'm going to try some " Thermocure"by Evapo-Rust in the next few days. Don't want to have to pull the engine at this point. Thought it was fine......

_DSC4152.JPG

_DSC4153.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, frenchy51 said:

It's been about 2 years but I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel!

For the last couple of years, every light I've seen at the end of the tunnel has turned out to be the headlight of an oncoming freight train.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RivNut said:

Maybe we're all into this Riviera restoration gig because we're  all masochistic.  

You all do know the difference between a sadist and masochist, right?

A sadist says "Hurt me, hurt me".

And a masochist says "Nooo, I don't think I am."