Lifting a 55 Buick

buick5563

In order to end the hijacking I decided to start a new thread. My Special sedan is maybe a little lower than normal, but it is a solid 60” high. If the hood is up it adds almost another foot.

The pictures below are of my car at 95” to the top of the roof. I didn’t lower the hood, but you would want to if you were dealing with an eight foot ceiling. The stool I am using is a Craftsperson hydraulic with the seat all the way down. I am 5’10” and standing, my eye is at the center of the headlight. Sitting all the way down, my mouth is at the center of the wheel hub. 
I will take more pics later at different heights. 
I got rid of my two post lift when I stopped working on other people’s cars because frankly, my lift was dangerous. I bought it used from a Mazda dealer and even though it had a weight rating of 8k pounds, it would sway in the breeze. I couldn’t PAY somebody to come and haul it away, so I used my sawzall with about $50 worth of blades and cut the thing apart and got $71 cash money from the scrap yard. Woohoo! I scored that day   

A690592C-8AF1-422F-B0D6-9CF913B1D149.jpeg

3D289153-9903-4C18-B5EB-19F755F06971.jpeg

64CC87EB-C7E8-495C-A861-49331745EC9C.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buick5563 said:

My hairs don’t even like to stand up under the weight of this length. Where’s my pompadour?

kids like you have hair... me, Ben and Willie... hairs...

so far I've learned two new words on the forum this week. Let me use them in a sentence. I would have to frumpate my hairs considerably in order to have a pompadour

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

kids like you have hair... me, Ben and Willie... hairs...

so far I've learned two new words on the forum this week. Let me use them in a sentence. I would have to frumpate my hairs considerably in order to have a pompadour

Pompadour is French.

Frumpate is Bernie.

• Haha 3

On 4/28/2020 at 12:00 PM, buick5563 said:

In order to end the hijacking I decided to start a new thread. My Special sedan is maybe a little lower than normal, but it is a solid 60” high. If the hood is up it adds almost another foot.

The pictures below are of my car at 95” to the top of the roof. I didn’t lower the hood, but you would want to if you were dealing with an eight foot ceiling. The stool I am using is a Craftsperson hydraulic with the seat all the way down. I am 5’10” and standing, my eye is at the center of the headlight. Sitting all the way down, my mouth is at the center of the wheel hub. 
I will take more pics later at different heights. 
I got rid of my two post lift when I stopped working on other people’s cars because frankly, my lift was dangerous. I bought it used from a Mazda dealer and even though it had a weight rating of 8k pounds, it would sway in the breeze. I couldn’t PAY somebody to come and haul it away, so I used my sawzall with about $50 worth of blades and cut the thing apart and got $71 cash money from the scrap yard. Woohoo! I scored that day   

A690592C-8AF1-422F-B0D6-9CF913B1D149.jpeg

3D289153-9903-4C18-B5EB-19F755F06971.jpeg

64CC87EB-C7E8-495C-A861-49331745EC9C.jpeg

Does the 4 post lift have locks that close to the ground?

• 2 weeks later...