epoxy

broker-len

It depends on the application but If I was going to use an epoxy (and I very rarely think it's appropriate) I'd look at the various Devcon products. They are a lot more expensive than JB Weld and are made in a wide variety for different applications so you have to get the one suited to what you are doing.

• Like 1

JB Weld and other such items are shortcuts to save time, money, or both. What are you trying to repair? People here will be very willing to help you fix the issue correctly. 

SmoothOn Metalset A4.  I swear by this stuff.  We used it in the HVAC lab at Ford and I never found much it wouldn't do.  I took apart a locking gas cap from a 928 Porsche I owned for awhile after getting quoted $400 for a new cap and dug out the broken nylon gears in the bottom of the cap, pieced the gear back together and made a wax female mold of the gear, poured the mold full of A4 and did a little minor filing.  Now mind you this gear was under considerable pressure and was constantly bathed in gasoline and that cap never ever failed to work correctly.  I've used it for all sorts of other things and it flat works.  SmoothOn sells to the US Government and they have all kinds of specialty adhesives.  Here is a link to their website.

https://www.smooth-on.com/category/epoxy-resin/

• Like 2

Adhesion to metal shouldn't be a problem.  Many of the higher end cars are assembled with adhesives rather than nuts and bolts or welds these days.  There are a number of structural adhesives on the market, almost too many from which to choose.  I use 3M DP100 two-part epoxy for a general adhesive around the shop,  as well as the non-sag version, DP100NS.  Also agree with the endorsement above of Devcon products; I have used them extensively in industrial applications.