Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Ok, here we are about 2 1/2 years after this thread got started on a whim by an old car guy to 1) delve into period material that I so appreciate 2) make people dwell less on all the sickness and scary possible outcome of that health plague . I thought it would last about 3 months with the support of some friends here in the USA and abroad who are a crazy as I am who like the same stuff. 450 pages , that AACA and their wonderful moderators have had to cope with , and each page having about 25-30 photos per page (??) .

To quote a line from one of my favorite movies ( The Goonies) "Hey you guys! " thank you so much  for all your support , I hope it brings a few smiles to you when you park here to see what is "new" in "old". And also lets you absorb some of the staggering history that motor vehicles of all sorts have brought to our lives and the lives of so many generations before us. I will now post an image , not sure if I haven't placed this here before to share. Thank you AACA and all of you .

With sincere friendship to all.

Walt

SARAsedancabtopdown128.jpg

SARA1928motor.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

While doing some research today I came across a photo involving a small fleet that was listed in a Ross Roy salesman book for all Dodge Brothers truck models during the late 1920s. The photo is a snapshot with four of the eight commercial vehicles listed under this company in the fleet section (White Packing Co.) that were purchased up until this Ross Roy was released. That's a small piece of a very large puzzle I'm working on. 

Anyone near Salisbury NC? Would be neat to know if that building still exists.

Sorry about the photo, when I copied it somehow it gets distorted while using the snippet tool.

image.png.f928a461d1828e695d1d31ff947f314a.png

image.png.de219647147d741bb1981b4e1bcf6e82.png

image.png.de4f4fe785b9f1a513132bd4a3b3c40a.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3