Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

10 hours ago, Walt G said:

YES EXACTLY. No digital , key pressing. It is all skill , a steady hand and eye. I am happy and proud to say I still have that . ( proper paint brush and paint help too 🤩

Walt

What was most amazing is he was painting the signage in front of a huge crowd of 10,000 at the annual MCACN show.   Not sure how he was able to keep his steady hand with all those eyes watching him at one point.   

(The car in post #452 here:  1963 R2 Lark "The Whistler" - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum  )

Craig

Craig

It is easier to paint /letter when no one is around, but if you get focused (if it is relatively quiet) you loose the crowd that is there , you focus so intently on what you are doing they "disappear". And most are so interested to see this they do not talk as they are focused on what you are doing so are thinking about that.

Walt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

Craig

It is easier to paint /letter when no one is around, but if you get focused (if it is relatively quiet) you loose the crowd that is there , you focus so intently on what you are doing they "disappear". And most are so interested to see this they do not talk as they are focused on what you are doing so are thinking about that.

Walt

Rollie Guertin of Guelph, Ontario is a master painter and striper. He did the triple pinstriping on all five of my '40 Packard wheels, with perfect spacing every time.

Restoring Packard wheels 002.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, J.H.Boland said:

Rollie Guertin of Guelph, Ontario is a master painter and striper. He did the triple pinstriping on all five of my '40 Packard wheels, with perfect spacing every time.

Restoring Packard wheels 002.JPG

Does he rotate the wheel as he paints? The hub and spindle suggests he does. 

1 hour ago, Shootey said:

Does he rotate the wheel as he paints? The hub and spindle suggests he does. 

Yes. I set up an old box trailer that had the same bolt pattern, so that he could be at a comfortable height. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 1:41 AM, twin6 said:

Like the dogs, I can't tell what makes these are.  The one with no spare reminds me of WW1 era cars with "torpedo" styling.

house.jpg

WA.jpg

The upper one - the torpedo is reminiscent of the Nyberg but I don't think it is though.

12 Nyberg six.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/16/2023 at 1:41 AM, twin6 said:

Like the dogs, I can't tell what makes these are.  The one with no spare reminds me of WW1 era cars with "torpedo" styling.

house.jpg

WA.jpg

Cleaned up the lower photo a little. I have no idea what it is. I hope Varun will tell us.

WA.jpg.384eaf59e82a1c25ac6e28ea52dda4f2.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MetroPetro said:

IMG_1039.jpeg

Another glorious structure that I HOPE is still standing. Did you notice an address with the photo so we can try a google search to see?

Also, on this one I can't help but wonder what the plaque on the side of the truck says. I'd be curious if the white overalls are a clue for the type of business it was used for. The range of headwear always amazes me, each having they're own personality. 

Can anyone ID it from the radiator, grille or hood shape? 

IMG_1035.jpeg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Another glorious structure that I HOPE is still standing. Did you notice an address with the photo so we can try a google search to see?

Also, on this one I can't help but wonder what the plaque on the side of the truck says. I'd be curious if the white overalls are a clue for the type of business it was used for. The range of headwear always amazes me, each having they're own personality. 

Can anyone ID it from the radiator, grille or hood shape? 

IMG_1035.jpeg

Both the home and lumberyard were razed. A shopping center is built over where they stood.