Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

the L29 Cord conv. sedan photograph at the gas pumps was taken by a commercial photographer named Drennan of Mineola, N.Y. on long island and was discovered by me in a pile of his negatives that were being trashed 50 years ago - most likely was used in a story I did for Special Interest Autos back then.  So the location of that photo was someplace within a 20 mile radius of Mineola..N.Y.  my guess is possibly on Merrick Road someplace.  Date was about 1935 - 1936.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

the L29 Cord conv. sedan photograph at the gas pumps was taken by a commercial photographer named Drennan of Mineola, N.Y. on long island and was discovered by me in a pile of his negatives that were being trashed 50 years ago - most likely was used in a story I did for Special Interest Autos back then.  So the location of that photo was someplace within a 20 mile radius of Mineola..N.Y.  my guess is possibly on Merrick Road someplace.  Date was about 1935 - 1936.

Talk about coming full circle. I saw it on a Facebook page.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

What was the story about the J Duesenberg wreck and the phone pole a few photos back? Where is it today? Bob 

You would never know it was scratched these days Bob.   It is a Bohman and Schwartz, which often times will look better wrecked, but this is one of the attractive ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

What was the story about the J Duesenberg wreck and the phone pole a few photos back? Where is it today? Bob 

Here it is three weeks ago, when I was kicking it’s tires. It lives about ten miles from me.

B633F70B-8CE6-4D79-AF3B-A02A63600EB5.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1