Chrysler front wheel bearing

My 1925 Chrysler 58 has a damaged outer tapered roller bearing on the front wheel. The Chrysler parts catalog contains the following information:
Outer bearing cone 10591
outer bearing roller 10596 and
outer bearing cup 10592.
Only cone and roller are damaged. Do you know what the new designation for this bearing is and where could a replacement be found? Or does anyone have this bearing? Unfortunately in Europe, most bearings are metric. The bearing is manufactured by Schaffer.
Thank for you help.

6 hours ago, marbeton said:
My 1925 Chrysler 58 has a damaged outer tapered roller bearing on the front wheel. The Chrysler parts catalog contains the following information:
Outer bearing cone 10591
outer bearing roller 10596 and
outer bearing cup 10592.
Only cone and roller are damaged. Do you know what the new designation for this bearing is and where could a replacement be found? Or does anyone have this bearing? Unfortunately in Europe, most bearings are metric. The bearing is manufactured by Schaffer.
Thank for you help.

Attached are the Timken bearing numbers. May help.

Chrysler Bearings.jpg

• Like 1

If you take your old sample bearing to a company selling timken or SKF bearings they should be able to measure the old bearings and find a suitable replacement.

Those numbers you have are very old numbers and are probably a 3 part bearing. These old type bearings will have been superceded,  and replaced by a 2 part taper roller bearing with newer technology. 

I would recommend you replace both the inner and outer hub bearings on both sides of the car and also the inner grease seals.

Viv. 

When I measured the real diameters, they were in inch. Timken Europe is looking for a similar bearing in their production. So let's see if he finds anything. But I would prefer to have the original old bearing so that the car has as many authentic parts as possible. My dream is for the car to be as it left the factory in 1925.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:02 AM, marbeton said:

When I measured the real diameters, they were in inch. Timken Europe is looking for a similar bearing in their production. So let's see if he finds anything. But I would prefer to have the original old bearing so that the car has as many authentic parts as possible. My dream is for the car to be as it left the factory in 1925.

Here are the detail measurements for the outer bearing:

IMG_20191211_0002.jpg

IMG_20191211_0001.jpg

• Like 1

Check this one on Ebay - fits newer cars. Seems like the same measurements?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Bearing-National-1755/302391004637?epid=188674465&hash=item4667e88ddd:g:CF4AAOSwzUxcppse

Timken shows that bearing number in their current catalog.

Edited by hwellens
Added data (see edit history)

• 1 month later...