Convertible Sedan top frame for a 1938-40 series 75 car

Our Buicks

On 12/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, John_Mereness said:

You need a what ? 

On 12/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, auburnseeker said:

Probably means a top frame/ Bows. 

Yes I need the top frame and the bows.....My convertible sedan just has the front section back to just behind the front seat.....

I need all pieces going to the back from there...

I might spend the rest of my life looking for these..

Thanks,  Mike

Edited by Our Buicks (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still Need a 1938 or 1939 or 1940 series 75 convertible sedan top frame and the bows or rack

I could use any part of the setup in restore-able condition.

Or if you have a 1938 or 1939 or 1940 series 75 convertible sedan project car that you wish to sell,

I'm interested....

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Please PM me

Mike

• 1 month later...

Still Need a 1938 or 1939 or 1940 series 75 convertible sedan top frame and the bows or rack

Or if you have a 1938 or 1939 or 1940 series 75 convertible sedan project car that you wish to sell,

I'm interested....

Please PM me

Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm interested....

Please PM me

Mike

• 2 months later...

I'm interested....

Please PM me

Mike

• 3 months later...

I'm interested....

Please PM me

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not going to give up....I'm sure that car is out there somewhere....any condition...

I'm interested....

Please PM me

Mike

I don't know about any Cadillac top parts but have a suggestion for you. I would do some research. It is possible that those parts are shared with other GM Division cars. For example, The 1937 Fisher Body Service Manual indicates that in 1937 the Cadillac 70 Series Style 37-7029 shares the same top  with the Buick 80 Series Style 37-4829. Perhaps the later 1938, 1939, and 1940 top assemblies are also used in both Buicks and Cadillacs. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, MCHinson said:

I don't know about any Cadillac top parts but have a suggestion for you. I would do some research. It is possible that those parts are shared with other GM Division cars. For example, The 1937 Fisher Body Service Manual indicates that in 1937 the Cadillac 70 Series Style 37-7029 shares the same top  with the Buick 80 Series Style 37-4829. Perhaps the later 1938, 1939, and 1940 top assemblies are also used in both Buicks and Cadillacs. 

Thanks, that's good advice !!

• Like 1

Mike, We all get caught needing parts that we just can't find.  I would encourage you to network among Cadillac, Buick and even Olds, Pontiac and Chev owners who are also restoring a convertible sedan.  Where you have part of a top, you have a start point.  I would borrow anything, reproduce the top then make modifications to fit your application.  I have a 35-36-37 Ford convertible sedan top assembly, but may not be similar enough to duplicate for your Cadillac.  Good luck, be creative and don't give up....

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1