Going to these these vehicles today

mike6024

00H0H_3Df2DFOHKrR_600x450.jpg00R0R_9dcKmpMI8GX_600x450.jpg00Z0Z_6TYyQv9KoOh_600x450.jpg

Nash cars - $3000 (alameda) 

storage unit that must be vacated in 2 weeks Come take a look Saturday 8/3 1pm, must be hauled away by Sunday 8/4 2pm. Have been in unit for over 5 years and unknown if any run but doubtful. Please email if you have additional questions but there are not many answers. Sorry. If interested buyer must pick up aug 2-3 and haul away. May have titles on some. SOLD AS IS. 

BROWN RAMBLER SOLD!!!!
Red and cream- 1942 Nash 600
$2500- right front tire locked up
Black- 1919 Nash touring?
$3000
Yellow - 1955 Nash ambassador 
$2500
Brown- 1965 American rambler 440
SOLD!!

Contact Information for the seller

Christopher Wroebel

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)

Someone wants me to get details on the early one, wheelbase, engine and chassis numbers.

I don't have my own trailer, and it's about 65 miles away. I suppose I shouldn't buy anything, but if I did, maybe I could rent a flatbed truck, or pay someone to haul it home for me.

Any thoughts?

If you really like one just buy it and call a local hauler. The entry fee is low on the cars.

I have extended towing on my AAA and used it quite liberally to get cars I have sold moved to better loading locations. It might cover part of the cost or all, depending on the tip and if they know you.

Yesterday, at noon, I pulled up to the shop where I get my cars inspected and other work I don't care to do. I had a large pizza sitting in the front passenger seat of my '60 Buick. Just pulled up to the bay doors and pointed. Door opened and it was gone, been using that shop for over forty years. Amazing the things they can do on short notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Yesterday, at noon, I pulled up to the shop where I get my cars inspected and other work I don't care to do. I had a large pizza sitting in the front passenger seat of my '60 Buick. Just pulled up to the bay doors and pointed. Door opened and it was gone, been using that shop for over forty years. 

Hmmm... I wonder...

Recently I found a place that works on specific parts for me and the guys all seem to be pretty stoned but they do good timely work. I wonder if I took them CBD brownies how that would play?

Cheap entertainment at any rate...

I like the first car in the OP.  I say go for it

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

So far I am the only one who showed up to look at the black touring car, what the seller says is a 1919, but some question as to the year.

But the top irons (bows) have been misplaced, they don't know where they could be. Not in this storage unit. Could be at mom's place. So that is not good.

The owner, the gentleman who passed away took several pics of the car when he bought it. Labeled them 1919 Nash. A couple of the pictures showed the top irons beside the car, not on it, but laying beside it when he towed it home. So they were there when he bought it.

Another fellow there, who said he is the president of the local Nash club and knew the man who passed away, says he thinks it is a '23 to '25, not a 1919. But he doesn't know the early ones well. It is the son who is handling the sales, and who has the pictures his dad took when he bought them. These in the storage unit have been sitting there 20 years. Dad had been a dealer, a dealer of Fords and some others. Started collecting Nash at some point. Retired and started a furnituree upholstery business, storage unit was full of very old sofas and chairs.

I saw no engine number

Wheelbase 122 inches

Body number 23238

carter updraft carb Model number B8-1

Cylinder head has the number 2 cast right in the middle of it.

Water outlet has number on it, something like 33784 or 38784, hard to read.

Engine and drivetrain looks complete. Oil coating the block, maybe that covered the engine number. I didn't know where to look for it. I looked all over two or more times on the block for an engine number and couldn't find one.

P8030018.JPG

P8030017.JPG

P8030016.JPG

P8030015.JPG

P8030014.JPG

P8030013.JPG

P8030012.JPG

P8030011.JPG

P8030010.JPG

P8030009.JPG

P8030008.JPG

P8030007.JPG

P8030004.JPG

P8030003.JPG

P8030002.JPG

P8030001.JPG

1942. Very nice. A bit of rust showing at lower edge of windshield. Ned to remove glass, do rust repair, looks mainly rust at lower channel where glass sits,

but not too bad.

The Nash Club presidnet says he knows this car, should be easy to get running, it is complete. Thinks it is a 3 speed (on the tree) but could have the overdrive, he's not certain. He said those with overdrive have a different rear final drive ratio so they cruise the highway the same, that is the overall high gear ratio is the same.

The yellow car had the head missing. this fellow said he would have a head for it.

Both the yellow and red/cream cars have $2k offers on them, by one person, and son expects to sell to him. But the asking is $2500 each, so the red/cream could be bought for $2500. Then again the $2k offers are not finalized deals anyway, so even that guy might not come through.

Apparently none of htese cars have titles, not that the sone can find anywaay, so that's another issue.

P8030020.JPG

P8030019.JPG

P8030006.JPG

P8030005.JPG

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, mike6024 said:

Another fellow there, who said he is the president of the local Nash club and knew the man who passed away

Just curious, did the name Sig Wroebel come up? Even my wife remembers his name after 35 years. I bought a couple of hub caps for my '35 Nash from him.......... and my wife still remembers.

01010.jpg.80aa2477c1391873b1ead8deb7157a29.jpg

Bernie is 100% right on the AAA

used my three 100 mile tows this year to bring home 3 car casses!  one tow was 97 miles............

saving the 200 mile tow for????????????????

best 129. ever spent.

was able to use my 200 mile tow the year before, when the fuel pump on my truck went. gotta love it!

Edited by mercer09 (see edit history)

We added the extended towing when I licensed my first Jaguar. I told my wife it was a requirement. She has hardly any sense of humor at all, but appears to really enjoy giving me the jab that the only car to come home by AAA is my '60 Electra.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, 60FlatTop said:

I had a large pizza sitting in the front passenger seat of my '60 Buick. Just pulled up to the bay doors and pointed. Door opened and it was gone, been using that shop for over forty years. Amazing the things they can do on short notice.

I will literally do anything for pizza. :)

The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

Wish those cars were closer than California. Awesome deals.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)