Any Westcotts Here?

One of my employees is doing some family history research and he shared with me that he is a direct descendant of John and Burton Westcott. I thought that was pretty terrific history!

I'm not familiar with the Westcott automobile but I understand they were hand built and produced from 1909-1925.

Fun stuff.

220px-1920_Wescott.jpg

I'm sure there will be some additional response, but I have a Wescott watch fob in my collection.

Terry

Wescott fob on ribbon.jpg

Wescott resized for Forum.jpg

• Like 2

There was a woman, Betty Westcott in the old West Coast Florida Region with big maroon

Westcott Touring car.  She was real active in AACA.  Have not seen or heard anything about

her or the car since that Region dissolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Dobbin said:

There was a woman, Betty Westcott in the old West Coast Florida Region with big maroon

Westcott Touring car.  She was real active in AACA.  Have not seen or heard anything about

her or the car since that Region dissolved.

I remember that car from the St Petersburg area. I always liked their show in Gulfport. The first National Show I attended was hosted by that region in St Petersburg in 1998. Sorry to here that the region dissolved. I remember most of their members were getting up there in age. 

Kevin

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, likesL29s said:

I have a Wescott watch fob.  Since I am a Model A owner, I would be interested in selling it or trading for a Model A accessory.  Also, FYI I am still looking for a dark colored 1931 Slant Windshield Cabriolet, 68C.

DSCN2859.JPG

Can you provide a photo of the back side? I could be interested depending on condition and price. Sorry but no Model A stuff to trade. 

Terry

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I picked this up today along with a few other interesting items. 

A full page ad from The Indianapolis Star July 29, 1913. 

the 1914 offerings of Westcott (Richmond, Indiana)07922A0C-6A14-4B09-9CCE-08BF8016C600.jpeg.25c6fa225d6f91de66e431a17da9b754.jpeg8AA28ED6-02AC-454F-9B0D-F6BC8B6F35B9.jpeg.7634c48ff26dc97c91c043327f04c774.jpeg  Both their 120 WB Four cylinder and their 128 WB Six cylinder. Assembled cars, handsome and certainly  priced in that “Near Luxury”  range.  A six cyl roadster around 2,500 dollars.  

so many great cars born in Indiana 

On 3/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

The Florida West Coast Region of AACA had a member with a Westcott.   A beautiful maroon touring car, often seen on national tours, driven be Betty Westcott.

I called former members of the FWCR (Region) and found out that Betty Westcott's     

connection to Westcoot car was only that one if her ex-husbands was a Westcott,  but no

relation to the car company.  Sources: Jims & Lu Houff of Hudson fame.

• Like 2