Early 30s Victoria coupe

m-mman

Request from a friend, Unknown to me. 

Thinking that perhaps there are two trunks? The visible one (on rack?) seems like it would leave a big space and it doesn't seem like the body would curve to fill that space. 

abel_auto.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Huston said:

About a 1930-31 Buick.   

1931, it has the newer style radiator cap incorporating an 8 at the front.

34 minutes ago, 41 Su8 said:

Close Coupled Sedan

Looks to be the big Series 90 model. Buick called that style a five passenger coupe.

The Buick Series 90 was the favorite of small town bankers and businessmen.  It was the luxury car with the less pretentious image than would have been a Cadillac or Packard at the time.  Signified one was successful but not showy or foolish flaunting one's money.

Edited by 58L-Y8
meant "less pretentious" (see edit history)

It is an Opera Coupe and I am thinking the large Buick 90 Series from 1931 (note someone already painted the lock rings on the wheels - perhaps did when a tire change due to chipped up rims)

Also, this car sports a chrome wire mesh radiator stoneguard, 2 piece metal spare tire covers, windwings, and a metal luggage trunk., as well as optional wire wheels and sidemounted spare tires.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

Interesting to compare the price/prestige structure between La Salle, Buick and the (base model) Cad.

There was a difference between the Cad and the Buick (overhead valve in line vs. V type side valve) but I still have trouble understanding why someone would consider a LaSalle? Especially in the early 30s when they looked just like the Cad, but cheaper. 

And since this 5 passenger coupe seems to have a built in trunk, how much does this guy plan to carry in the accessory one?

Guess he just wanted to have 'all the toys'. 

On 7/22/2019 at 6:58 AM, John_Mereness said:

It is an Opera Coupe and I am thinking the large Buick 90 Series from 1931 (note someone already painted the lock rings on the wheels - perhaps did when a tire change due to chipped up rims)

Also, this car sports a chrome wire mesh radiator stoneguard, 2 piece metal spare tire covers, windwings, and a metal luggage trunk., as well as optional wire wheels and sidemounted spare tires.

Buick called it a five passenger coupe. 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:28 AM, m-mman said:

And since this 5 passenger coupe seems to have a built in trunk, how much does this guy plan to carry in the accessory one?

Guess he just wanted to have 'all the toys'. 

Yes, his dog was better than someone else's - a very 30's thing in cars.