Seeking '65 Riviera hood and both front quarter panels?

DShoes

Gentlemen,

Suggestions on where to find '65 Riv body panels on the West Coast? I'm looking for a hood, both front quarter panels and the driver's door panel. Larry Daisey down in AZ does not have anything at the moment and Tim in CA seems reluctant to send a photo. I just reached out to the folks at Obscure Buick Parts and am waiting to hear back. I was involved in an accident and my beautiful girl needs help. The whole situation is really stressing me out. Just sick over the whole ordeal. As this group knows best, though, it is so much more than "just a car". 

Appreciate any help available. Before and after's below.

Thanks,

David

shoemaker riviera front end.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

I don't know any sources, but I used to do bodywork. I strongly recommend having the car checked for straightness. Have it put on a frame machine to make sure the frame is square, and then the body square to the frame. Looks like it hit a pole center of the PS headlight? Older cars are heavier metal with zero crumple zones, so that impact went all the way to the rear even though it's not visible. If you find someone good with hydraulic pullers, I think that fender can be saved. If they're ambitious and talented, they can save that hood and bumper, but the labor cost might get crazy.

1 hour ago, jsgun said:

I don't know any sources, but I used to do bodywork. I strongly recommend having the car checked for straightness. Have it put on a frame machine to make sure the frame is square, and then the body square to the frame. Looks like it hit a pole center of the PS headlight? Older cars are heavier metal with zero crumple zones, so that impact went all the way to the rear even though it's not visible. If you find someone good with hydraulic pullers, I think that fender can be saved. If they're ambitious and talented, they can save that hood and bumper, but the labor cost might get crazy.

Correct. Smaller tree. Pretty sure (upper) fender is shot. Needed rechroming anyway  so good excuse to see what’s available on the market. Hood is in bad shape. I’ve been worried about the same thing with the frame. I’ll ask my guy if he can confirm it’s still squared up. Thanks. 

Hi There, so sorry for your accident.

I cannot supply all of what you need but I do have a RIGHT front FENDER and INNER FENDER, plus I do have the both bumpers ok for a driver chrome is ok no dents, also the I believe the clam shell assembly.

call me if you want 559 355-3551 Fresno CA , Paul 65skyriv19@att.net

Edited by Carbuff2
RIGHT NOT LEFT FRONT FENDER (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DShoes said:

Tried Tim but he seems reluctant to send a photo or just not interested in working with me. Not sure which. 

Ok.. so it's not just me then.. Haha! Dude does seem like he hates money and customers.. Sorry Dshoes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

OUCH!   How did this damage happen? So sorry for your loss, but if nobody got hurt that's the main thing. we've had

a lot of crashed 65's on this forum the last several years........it's making me nervous to take mine out of the garage!

Thanks Seafoam. Small tree jumped in front of the car after dark. Nobody hurt, just wounded pride. Hoping there’s nothing more than the cosmetic issues to deal with but we’ll see as we get deeper into it. Don’t fear taking your beautiful Riv out! Think of it as doing the public good!

12 minutes ago, RivNut said:

If your car is insured by one of the classic car insurers, I think they'll provide a service to locate and secure parts for the for the repair.

I’m with USAA, so I’m on my own for finding parts. Also trying to educate them that the body shop labor will NOT cost the same as repairing a 2009 Honda Accord!

2 hours ago, abandg said:

Is this an insurance claim, or are you stuck for the repair. The reason I ask is that I can mail your parts through the insurance company and it will work out OK. Just a thought. Gene

Thanks Gene. Insurance repair fortunately. I’ll reach out to you soon.