1930? Reo Truck

From the area code, that would be Western, but not EXTREME Western Long Island, NY. Access, terrain/traction condition, and time frame to remove would be useful. If that was near me, I could put my mud chains on my '76 GMC Deuce and hoist up the rear end, lash the steering and be outa there rolling slowly. I'd do it just for the yard art beauty of it. But it is not near me where the agricultural traffic density is near zero. Long Island logistics sure demand a better man, and better rig than I and my oldie.             

Just a West Coast spectator,    -    CC 

• Like 1

I bought this truck, and would never go onto LI with a 25' gooseneck again but it was worth it.  Roundtrip took me 16 hours (coastal Maine).  Cowl back will have to be remade, including the doors, floor, entire cab, and skirts.  I'm glad I have it, this is not something the backyard fellow can do up with regular shop tools.

I have been on the hunt for a chassis number as the data plate is missing.  It has a JXC engine and the bore specs on it tell me it's a model 606 or 750 from the early 30s.  The wheels are factory and a very rare configuration, along with the top load Timken worm axle.

• Like 7

On 2/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, Nor'Easter said:

I bought this truck, and would never go onto LI with a 25' gooseneck again but it was worth it.  Roundtrip took me 16 hours (coastal Maine).  Cowl back will have to be remade, including the doors, floor, entire cab, and skirts.  I'm glad I have it, this is not something the backyard fellow can do up with regular shop tools.

I have been on the hunt for a chassis number as the data plate is missing.  It has a JXC engine and the bore specs on it tell me it's a model 606 or 750 from the early 30s.  The wheels are factory and a very rare configuration, along with the top load Timken worm axle.

Ha, I drive back up every year from TX after moving from the South shore about halfway out. Smithtown was on the other side of the Island. I use to drive on and off with a 30 ft trailer down through NJ.  You should try the NJ turnpike heading out to PA if you thought getting on and off the Island was bad !  What you did is not for the faint of heart!