German photo: Is this a Horch... or?

Fordlandia

I have attached a picture of an original photo in my collection of automobilia.  I believe the vehicle is an early Horch, perhaps produced around 1930.  However, I have not been able to identify the exact model and year.  It appears to be a "economy" version, not nearly as luxurious and adorned with chrome as most of the Horch vehicles I have seen online.

I have also included a copy of the back of the photograph.  It is dated 1948, looks like the car was well cared for if indeed the photo was taken that year.  I do not have a translation of the writing.

Any information would be appreciated.

Bill
Grand Rapids, MI

20181206_202050.jpg

20181207_163202.jpg

Thank you Leif Holmberg and keiser31!

I am now certain that the pictured car is likely a Horch 1931-1932 Mod.420 3 litres as Leif stated.  However, there are some interesting differences between the car shown in Leif's photo (car "A") and the one in mine (car "B").

I "flipped" the car A image so that it would be in the same direction as car B.  Both are shown below. 

1.  Although it might have been the result of the type of camera lens used, car B certainly appears to be shorter car A.

2.  Note also that car B has an unchromed / painted radiator cowl (is that the right word?) while car B is chromed.  That could just be a matter of model year, I suppose.

3.  Car B shows a slight "upward curve" to the door / driver's window top, while car A is straight.

4.  Also the upper door trim on car A extends beyond the rear door opening.  On car B, the chrome trim stops short of the opening.

5. The lower back corner of car A is a sharp 90 degree (or so) angle, while car B has a rounde/ curver contour.

Overall, car B looks more like an "economy" model while car A looks fancier (and longer?).  

1827508640_HORCHFLIPPEDHORIZONTALLY.JPG.166b8a7a7d0b3fc9f1b4c8de5728fcb5.JPG

20181211_150302.thumb.jpg.1e72009868264bf595e04e6d0621faa6.jpg 

Edited by Fordlandia
additional info (see edit history)

Thank you to all who have responded to this posting.  Unless someone objects, I'd say Craig Gillingham of Melbourne, Australia is the winner.  The photo of the red Stoewer he posted provides enough matching details to conclude that it is a Stoewer R 140 (likely 1933) as shown at this link: https://www.stoewer-cars.com/r140-1932-1934.html?r=?r

What does Mr. Gillingham win?  He has a choice: an all expenses paid trip to (1) have lunch with President Trump at his famous Mar-a-Lago resort, or (2) take a two week vacation in Hawaii with his choice of one of the 50 "Most Beautiful Actresses of 2018" as listed here: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls033349931/

Thanks again to everyone responding.

Bill Waite

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

• Like 1

Hi Bill, and welcome to AACA forums ! Continue to hang out with us, and you will see that Craig Gillingham has an eye for the eclectic and obscure which I find astounding. This is true for very rare cars, and also components for same. I don't know how he does it. Craig  : do you have a photographic, or near photographic memory ?   -  Carl 

• Like 1