Screen Side Question

alsfarms

I am saving up parts to build a 1923 Dodge Bros. Screen Side.  EBAY currently has, what is represented as, a back panel.  The EBAY item number is: 173511853626.  Would a few of you guys, that know screen side trucks, please take a look and see if that panel is correct for me to use on my 1923?  Please post me a note or a PM.  Secondly, I am interested in a few parts for that project, front fenders, cab back panel both upper and lower, and the  quarter panels behind the doors.  I have the proper Screen side chassis, tank, cowl, running engine, "C" parts of the cab and doors.  Help me if you can.

Thanks,

Alan

Hello JayG, At this moment I do not need a transmission but that can change when I get into the mechanics of this project.

Hello Stakeside,  I do not know how to attach a link to EBAY, sorry.  The EBAY item number is what you would need to copy, go to EBAY then paste the number into the EBAY search, you should see this cab back panel and maybe help me to determine if it is the right piece  for a 1922-23 Dodge screenside.  Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Alan

I looked in EBAY and as a fact, the auction has ended so you would need to search "ended" auctions.  The auction has closed but does not appear to have sold.  I monkeyed around and hope that I have grabbed an image of this truck cab back panel and can get it to post here for everyone to help me determine if it is right and can work for my 1922-23 Dodge Bros.screen side  truck.  (success, please see the attached picture of the cab back panel)  Please share your observations or suggest questions/measurements I need to ask the seller to verify proper fit for my application.

Regards,

Al

733f43a1-7eed-415d-84e6-b328af7f2e32.png

• 2 months later...

Jan, your pic is of the front bed panel, not the rear cab panel. I don't have a '23 cab here to look at although I do have two '24 cabs and an early '22 and a couple more including a '23 screenside cowl but alas, no '23 rear cab sections or panels.

• 2 months later...

Al, I just saw your post. I have so much snow here I can't get the shed door open to look at my early '22 screenside but I did kinda look at one of my '24 screensides but it is for sure different than that one. I don't have any rear sections from a '23 screenside, just a cowl.  I can't find the one on ebay, got a current number or a link to it?

That was you I sold that '23 rear cab quarter to a few years ago wasn't it?

Hello Dave,  thanks for picking and responding to my needs on this thread.  Yes, You helped me out with the quarter panel and some a couple of "C" pieces.  I feel I do have doors to use, patterns for the top wood have been offered to me.  I am still trying to figure out the back cab panel.  If you look up on this thread, further up, I have posted a picture of the EBAY back cab panel.  Take a look and give your observations about it being a Dodge Bros. piece or not.  Currently I am still in need of, one quarter panel (I can duplicate from the one I bought from you if needed), back cab panel, seat base (I can modify a touring seat base to fit if needed).  I do have a windshield assembly, upper seat folding arms, correct gas tank, engine and rest of running gear (runs).  Parts I would like to locate; better front fenders, headlights and other body parts as listed above. 

Regards,

Alan

I just can't identify that piece. I don't see where the seat back pivots would mount but that may be different on a '23 than it is on my '22 or '24's. Maybe later this week our snow will have melted down or maybe I can get to Bend and look at Dave J's '23 screenside and see if it matches.

• Like 1

Hello Dave,  Do you happen to have a Screenside bottom seat frame?  If so could you take a good picture that will show me the details that I would need to keep in place if I modify a touring seat base.  If anyone else could take a picture of the seat base it would be very helpful.

Al

Hello Dave,

Have you been able to dig out of the snow yet?  We went fro snow to rain and mud and today we are at the spring rain again!  If you have a chance to get any good comparisons or pictures, even of your early 1922 cab back panel, that would be good.  I have resigned myself to building a cab back panel for my truck.   I need to get on with the assembly.

Thanks,

Alan