Arnold Levin old brass lamps Hemmings? Gray & Davis #113

bruffsup

It's time we started seeing some articles about these hobby greats.  They were collecting stuff long before any of us.  I recall seeing his ads in HMN when it would fit into your hip pocket.  He still advertises - the lastest HCCA magazine has one of his ads with email listed as mech999@flash.net.  It would be great to hear more about him sometime.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terry, That really should happen, every region had great early collectors. Don Carlson in Kensington, Ct. was one of them, he started collecting in the 1950s. I first saw his 1910 REGAL Underslung in 1966, saw it again last week on the lawn at Pebble Beach. It lives in the Netherlands now. Bob 

DSCF0592.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

Bob is right Don Carlson had a great collection of cars and was a nice guy. I always looked forward to seeing him at the 1942 and earlier  HCCA meet each September in Ridgefield, Ct.

There are so many great people that are looking over us now. I always took car photos but rarely took photos of car owners or flea market vendors, wish I added them to the photos now. Bob 

I long suspected those ebay ads might have been him.  IS fyou look at the other stuff he sells though it's a mixed bag including things you'd never expect.  I bought some spark plugs from him years ago, when it involved actually writing letters.  He was a good person to deal with.  Anyone here on the forms ever meet him in person?  The assumption of course is that he is an active car hobbiest so am wondering if he has any cars and uses them.  Anyone in the hobby that long with that much knowledge should certainly be well known other than through his advertisements.

Terry

• Like 1