38 Century Coupe MPLS- Price reduced- NOT MINE

74 Apollo

ad text:

1938 Buick Century opera coupe. 320 CI straight 8. The car is completely original and was restored about 30 years ago. Smooth running and quiet. Excellent paint and chrome on a solid rust free car with twin side mounts, Trippe lights and grill guard. Restored original radio and heater. The wood grain and the mohair interior are perfect. New brakes, radiator and motor mounts. The car drives handles beautifully on 7.00 x 15 Firestone tires. $28,000 Firm. No trades. 

• Blake

• call or text:

☎ (612) 990-1460

• Like 1

Just now, Pete Phillips said:

I am just wondering how a car can be "completely original" and restored?

Maybe there's something I don't understand????

Pete, I see this verbage all the time and I`m sure you and I would agree regarding use of terms but I think it means the car is restored authentically to original appearance/specifications. Looks like a dandy example to my uninformed eye,

Tom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Wow...I dont know ANYTHING about `30`s Buicks but the attention to detail on this car seems to be extraordinary. Is that an original color?

Tom

Yes, That appears to be Corot Beige which is a correct 1938 Buick color.

I think that the restorer got a very good match on this color. Numerous manufacturers offered beiges in the late thiries. I'm thinking of Greg LaR's '38 Plymouth in "sand beige" as I write this. Anyway, the reason I think that this color comes very close to the original is that for as long as I can remember, I've found this GM  color a little too "pink" for my tastes.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

On 6/22/2018 at 11:22 PM, Pete Phillips said:

I am just wondering how a car can be "completely original" and restored?

Maybe there's something I don't understand????

This is a super car and well, well worth the money.  A 38 Century coupe was rare 30 years ago or more.  In all my years I've only seen a few '38 Century coupes.  Clearly your question is about "figure of speech".  What the man meant to say is it was restored to be completly as original and isn't street rodded with all sorts of modifications.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)