Is This The Largest Weekly, Unorganized, Uncommercialized Car Show?

Real Steel

The bike is a homemade, highly customized, heavy patina, Schwinn-based bike with a Whizzer style motor.  Age and owner are unknown at this time.

My contribution is the black 1930 Ford pickup parked next to the orange Duster on the trailer..  The Ford is my daily driver (okay, well, it's trying to be).

Edited by Real Steel (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

No winners, no losers. Just cars, donuts, subway, Italian food, hardware and liquor. Now that is a mix. Great pictures, looks like a fun get together. 

I have to disagree.  Although I hate the idea of "everyone gets a trophy", in this sort of event, everyone wins.  I just don't see the down side.

Now about "hardware and liquor" ...  I believe that combination has fostered generations of home improvement triumphs/innovations!  Well, maybe the "triumph" designation is somewhat subjective and overly optimistic, but the innovation thing has certainly had an impact on civilization as we know it.  Or sumthin'.

Cheers,

Grog

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JACK M said:

The Duster doesn't really look like it should be a trailer queen.

I see the hood is open, might not run.

The Duster is an all original very straight car that looks like it was in storage for a long time.  It's on the trailer because it MUST be in order to move.  A long long way from a trailer queen.  Looks darn good in the photo above, but it was a fair 20 footer.  It was for sale at 6K.

Edited by Real Steel (see edit history)

Its very similar to our local A&W Cruise nights held every Friday after work here at the Glendeer location.  Although this A&W has free draws for small giveaways, including stuffed Root Bears, mugs, etc., as well a 50/50 draw that raises funds for MS, which A&W here actively supports. 

Other than that, its "Hop in the car, come as you are" to in anything considered collectible to A&W.  No trophies, 'first come, first served' for a parking spot without any organization not unlike the show mention here, but the BEST and most fun part, is without fail, something new and never seen before seems to show up every Friday which keeps it from getting stale.

Craig

These Cars and Coffee events have become popular everywhere as a reaction to more organized shows that charge entry fees. There are two small ones every Saturday near my house that I frequent and a larger one in Plano TX that attracts hundreds of cars. Even at the small ones there are always new cars to see and people to meet.