1941 Caddy "60 Special

How did the owner manage to loose a barn? :rolleyes::huh:

How much extra for the "barn find" dust?

Some will get sucked in

1941 Cadillac "60 - Special" - Classic Barn Find - $5000 (El Paso)

This vintage 41 "60 Special" model is located in El Paso, Texas. The car has been parked in a covered shed for about 40 years along with several other antique cars (including 3 other antique Cadillacs) that will be up for sale and if not sold will probably be auctioned in mid to late May. The car is about 90% complete and original and shows little rust, but lots of dust. Asking $5000 obo.

Other cars available include Model-A Fords, 1918 Buick, Corvair, 57 &58 Plymouth Station Wagons, 65 Olds 88 4-door, 65 Pontiac Bonniville 4-door. Please send me your email if you would like a more complete list. I have photos of some of the cars that I can send to serious parties

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Or you could end up with a good car. Here are the last two 1941 Cadillac 60 Specials I bought, the first of which was AACA HPOF Car of the Year in 2012. Both were excellent cars that I regretted selling. The Antoinette Blue one on top was the HPOF car that was a mess when I got it, but it cleaned up well and with about $5000 worth of work, was bulletproof reliable. It had been in that barn for 15 years, put there by the brother of the mechanic who maintained it from new. When the original owner died, he willed it to that mechanic. Cool story.

The black one on the bottom was in a body shop since 1996, covered, but otherwise unattended. Guy sent it to be painted and never came back for it. Eventually they got a mechanic's lien and I bought it from the body shop. Fresh 20 year old paint that had never seen daylight. I connected a battery, dumped some fuel down the carburetor throat, and it fired up instantly and ran almost silently. Another excellent car that I drove daily for two years.

001.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg.cfcdefac73780dcc56356db2d20087ea.jpg

Don't discount the dust!

• Like 1

Here's the standard 1941 Cadillac steering wheel.  You almost never see it.   When you do, it's usually on a 61 series coupe or sedan, a 62 series sedan, or on a commercial chassis. This is the same wheel as is on the subject car.  The subject car is missing the horn button.   It's unusual to see this steering wheel on a Sixty Special as that model was Cadillac's snazzy sedan and they were often more highly optioned.   4100 were produced that year  

See the source image
And here's the deluxe wheel you see 99% of the time.   Usually when someone buys a car with the standard steering wheel, one of the fist things they do it switch it out with the better looking deluxe one.
See the source image

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Usually those nice ivory colored wheels were cracked by the time they were 20 years old or less especially in hot climates and when exposed to the sun. Those plain brown wheels probably held up better and a previous owner had one swapped in.

I had documentation for the 51 Cadillac I used to own that by the time it was around 20, the ivory steering wheel was badly cracked. It was one of the items listed that was in serious need of replacement. It ended up just getting a wrap job.