1934 Chrysler Airflow coupes

It seems like it would be easier t sell them separate. Even with extras that's a lot of money to plunk down for a pair of projects.  Seems hard enough to sell one project car,  less a pair of them that need full restoration.  It would be neat to see them done.  Just a long road with a high buy in and a lot of checks to still be written. 

Wow, neat cars but that price seems larger than life. Would 34 Airflow Imperial's even be in that price range ? I am very out of touch on the pricing  of cars like this , but I have been an admirer of Airflows since my teen years. At least I don't need another project.

Greg in Canada

If you can find an Airflow coupe in any kind of running condition for $35,000, BUY IT without haggling or even thinking twice.

For comparison, I sold this car for more than $70,000 three years ago. Not a coupe. Not an Imperial.

007.jpg

I agree that selling those cars separately will result in better chances of a sale, but I don't think the price is too far out of line. The '34s are by far the most desirable of the bunch and the coupes are extraordinarily rare--there can't be more than two dozen left. If it was an Imperial coupe, one could command that asking price in that condition.

Do not underestimate the Airflow's appeal. Their day has come. I, too, am looking for a '37 C7 to add to my collection. They remain the most affordable of the large series Airflows and now is the time to buy because they won't be getting cheaper from here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Do not underestimate the Airflow's appeal. Their day has come. I, too, am looking for a '37 C7 to add to my collection. They remain the most affordable of the large series Airflows and now is the time to buy because they won't be getting cheaper from here.

But I thought no one wanted all these old junky prehistoric cars we like.  They should be getting cheaper according to the general thought of the masses. ;)  No AC no PS and no display to tell us what to do next or heaven forbid when the thing needs servicing. 

On 4/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, Matt Harwood said:

If you can find an Airflow coupe in any kind of running condition for $35,000, BUY IT without haggling or even thinking twice.

For comparison, I sold this car for more than $70,000 three years ago. Not a coupe. Not an Imperial.

007.jpg

I agree that selling those cars separately will result in better chances of a sale, but I don't think the price is too far out of line. The '34s are by far the most desirable of the bunch and the coupes are extraordinarily rare--there can't be more than two dozen left. Do not underestimate the Airflow's appeal. Their day has come. 

Thank you for the photo of the restored 1934 Airflow, Matt. If you had a car collection representing the development of the industry in the U.S., Pre-WWII, I think you would want to have a 1904 Oldsmobile, a 1909 Ford, a 1928 Ford, and a 1934 Chrysler Airflow in terms of automotive history significance. After the train network, they put the country on wheels. You might want to add an '02 Peerless, a '16 Chevrolet 490 and a '36 Cord for three more game-changing cars.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)