1969 LeSabre - 22K Mile Original

EmTee

Wow - for once someone took the time to clean the car and take good outdoor photos all around!  This car has been on CL for weeks with only a couple of shots showing the car crammed inside a dark garage with only pieces of it in frame.  This car now looks like a time capsule with what appear to be original-type bias ply tires, spiral shock absorbers, etc.  Too bad they didn't go one step further apply some weatherstrip adhesive to that LR quarter molding.  Still, what previously looked like a $4900 car now looks like it could actually bring over $10K.  (Not my car, by the way.)

00T0T_709L7g1oKMa_600x450.jpg

This does look like a very nice car. I wish it was a convertible or I would be after it. I had the 69 convet in white with red interior. I have been a BCA member for 31 years and have only seen one Bugle ad for a 69 LeSabre Convertible. A few 69 sedans and Wildcats had show up occasionally. Mostly always see 1970s for sale.  The rear quarter molding was not on my car and I bought new ones as they were needed! Also replaced hinge pins as these were heavy doors and tended to sag. And that was on a 4 year old car in 1973. Since we were in the salt/rust belt I had the frame welded twice by the time I got rid of it in 1979.  It had over 150,000 miles by that time.

Edited by dibarlaw
spelling (see edit history)

The car appears to be from Onondaga, New York, 

near Syracuse.

Here's the text of the ad for reference--

and importantly, the phone number from the ad--

so after the ad expires, the Buick fans will have a

better chance of making a deal:

"This here is a 1969 Buick LeSabre
White exterior, black interior
It runs and drives very well for its age, brakes are tight, the engine runs incredibly quiet
I can send a video of it starting up and running over text if you would like
To avoid any confusion "...while the LeSabre "400" package once again included a 280-horsepower 350 four-barrel engine and three-speed Super Turbine 400 automatic."
The exterior paint has some very small spots on the paint that a good buff and coat of wax would probably get rid of. It sat in a barn for a few years, so some drip/water spots sat on the trunk lid.
The interior is in exceptional shape, all the windows do roll down perfect - I just happen to forget to roll down the one rear drivers side window when taking photos
It has the imitation top which is also in great shape as you can see in the photos. I can only upload a maximum of 24 photos but if you would like me to send some more, I have plenty on my phone/computer.
The car needs nothing, but there is one small black plastic piece of trim that glues to chrome trim on the rear drivers side that split/cracked and needs to be glued back in or replaced.
If you have any further questions or you would like to come take a look, feel free to call/text me at 315 - 412 - six 5 seven 9
Thanks for looking!"

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)