Locomobile Parts Department "Wanted"

alsfarms

Good Morning Locojohn,

You may want to get a new valve spring wound for replacement of your broken spring.  I will check as I may have a used one if you desire used.  Could you please post a picture of pressure gauge you are missing.  I assume that you need a black faced gauge?  I may have one,  I will need to check.   Do you happen to have any spare or loose Locomobile parts?  Send me a PM.

Al

I would like to bring a previous posting back up for consideration.  Please look up at the April 18 posting.  It shows the cover of a Locomobile  Instruction manual.  This manual is correct for a 1909-1910 Locomobile Model I (chain drive) and Model L (first shaft drive).  I am missing a few pages from the middle of this manual and would like to get copies of these missing pages and complete this instruction manual.  I would then be willing to have this book duplicated and made available to other owners of Model I and Model L cars.  Help me if you can, we early Locomobile owners will all be benefited.

Al

Hello Walt,

I have a good pattern for the Bakelite part of a Locomobile radiator car and am in process of getting a couple of these cast up.  Could you confirm what the OD of the threads are and the pitch?  A new brass insert should be built, with the proper thread, and then the Bakelite shell be epoxied in place.

Al

Wanted to Buy:  Mid teens to mid twenties Locomobile parts for my 1917 Locomobile

. Looking to purchase Westinghouse generator Model #521, speedometer cable, tonneau light bezel and glass, top bow rest(s).  front license plate bracket, radiator, rear spare tire latch,  27" wheels.  Call Stewart at 413-519-4262 or email saterrien@comcast.net.  Thanks!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

1917 loco.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_6196.JPG

• Like 1

Hello Stewart,

What is the issue with the shown Westinghouse generator?  Can it be rebuilt?  Per the bezel you are missing, I would consider either having a new one spun to fit you casing or simply have one machined on a lathe to fit.  (Locate and purchase a suitable clear or frosted lens first).  To get an exact match for the top rest, that may require some patience and scrounging.  You may end up as a pattern and casting shop.  Others here can certainly help with the hunt.

Al

PM sent

Hello Al,

The bearings on the generator are frozen, and yes it can probably be rebuilt, but it might be more cost effective to find a good used one. I am not sure exactly what the bezel and glass should be so that'w why I would like to find a "real" one if possible........same for the top bow rest.  If someone lends me one I could have a couple of them made.  Appreciate your interest in helping me.  Thanks.

Stewart

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought a 1917 Locomobile three years ago from a guy near Freemantle in Australia who had owned a museum of cars and military vehicles,but had closed it a decade before and my car was now in a chicken shed, he told me that he had bought the car in an auction in the 1980’s in the States from another museum that was closing and he believed that my car had been in that museum since 1948. My chassis number is 12055, which is stamped on the chassis, on the top lip of the bonnet and into the wood on the underside of the floorboards. My engine number is 10377 and the cast date on the bronze crankcase is Jan 5 16. The gearbox has the number 4008 and 9916 ( which I think is 9th September 1916 ) stamped onto a machined area and also onto both top and bottom castings. My engine blocks have 5 4 16 stamped to the machined underside of the base, which again I think is 4th May 1916 when they were finished machining. The brass radiator surround has the number 581 stamped in at the bottom.

The chassis has 16 inches added into the chassis and the torque arm rather crudely, so I have removed this and brought it back to its original length.

I have spent three years rebuilding the car and am now using it on the road and racing it a bit in the Vintage Sports Car events over here in the UK, but am missing a few bits to complete the rebuild, I am looking for the following parts if anyone can help :-

1. the Stewart-Warner clock for the top of the triangular part of the dashboard.

2. the speedo gear for the front wheel and the little gearbox that drives off it.

3. the hand pump for the dashboard to hand pump up the air pressure in the petrol tank.

4. the two Yale locks for both sides of the bonnet.

5. I would also like to fit wire wheels to the car ( which I believe were an option at the time ) as I think it will make the car easier and safer to drive on the race track.

i do have a full set of fully refurbished shock absorbers and fittings for the car that I would swap or sell.

Hopefully there are a few of you out there that might be able to help me - my e-mail is chrisbatty@lestercast.co.uk.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will post a picture of the three Locomobile items that are just finished recasting and will be available probably next week.  These items are being reproduced using the "Lost Wax" casting method which allows excellent quality  with little loss of clarity or details.   If you have a need drop me a PM.

Al

5ZrAF5NvmKijsfZ3oIziNMv852QWWX7qTq-MTyZpvGPxGCENqGOKSnsilXeMkyt-vWtMAPXZ20UUgBBZfa7fy5JoSLB6d04sCb78gO1xqVfoAYyPucnwXmo7yNXwrkq8EQzXPKqYzw=w1214-h910-no.jpg

DSC01778.JPG

DSC01786.JPG

• Like 1

On another subject, I am coming together with the brass castings needed to mount the spare tire to the right side running board of this 1909 Locomobile.   I have several of the other bracket pieces needed but am still needing the piece that the spare tire sits in that is mounted to the running board.  This piece needs to be larger than what is typically on the market as they are all to small, (fit Model T's) to facilitate fitment of a 34 x 4-1/2 tire.  If you have this piece, know of someone who has a spare piece of know of a source to get a new casting, please share information with me.  I would even borrow or rent an original from which I could get a new casting made, if that is a possibility.  Thanks......

Al

• 3 weeks later...

I am in need of a Riker three or four ton truck transmission.  I assume that the transmission is similar to Locomobile but probably identified as Riker.  If you have one, have seen one and can direct me to locating a transmission, your help would be appreciated.  the following three pictures show the transmission I am looking for.

Al

ACtC-3deyEFbx27lpSrKfJFsw8iP8B-QAIxHO_aHYJoQApmR0GOIZtER3RiH-XSYAVAyh0iwjX3WDBQcEkHlso16EOhTvXRW0eP0uaT9ZxbL87r_oO5WqrNF8FjW06H68QjAn-GMNZ6Zvv6PNj8go71Bzhpb=w1214-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3eMeFMOA3Knn0iVNXiFdcjnL5CrO94IiAldGL-XC_fw8zpo6uLUFW7_6F72lFeJRaVwjuEcvXNgbkURwOIsVH6ThqbC2XP5WoFxikYkpUA_RAl4tNFqOt83AOGAWExOpEBI7Kx9gBTXsovmRSyEoO7F=w683-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3fNJDfhmnKvq_wJlbUAIr9EUenRHOKHidaz4N9r_i5SYKjzu2KyG1A1aUVR0JQ8ZYun_4kFP1WGJyfcaegR0spEifdsx2xtHNrAtl7KOHFcbzsArocFBJKCDhmtUG3NnWiDj5aUAFAdsd-g7Vadvu9K=w1214-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does any one have any spare later teens and 20's Locomobile 48 cast aluminum valve stem covers?  I need three, would sooner use the original items before I go the recasting route.  The covers I need are shown on the side of this Riker (Locomobile) engine when at the factory.

Al

VdxN94JF.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If a 1924 is a 48 then I should have a complete frame. I'm supposed have a relatively complete parts car that came with my other 2 1924's. All these parts are in enclosed trailers or box trucks so I'll be digging for some time if I ever feel it is safe for me to venture out to the shop.

That's the good news, the bad news is that stupid Covid 19 is going throughout my body guys extended and immediate family. His wife and daughter as tested positive within the past two weeks. I'm staying away. He admits that he has too may cousins that simply don't believe in the recommended precautions. I'll keep you apprised.

Hugh

• Like 1

Luckily, nothing from either of the hurricanes. I did uncover, wash then re-covered my Vettes that are outside in prep for this Delta.

I've been working on my 63 SWC getting the rebuilt dash back in it. I still have to hook up the tack and speedo. I got tired of screwing with the short wires in the dash harness so I extended them all. I'm really reluctant to do any electrical work but I just couldn't get my hand(s) into the back of the dash until I lengthened the wires. I still had a hard time getting the mounting screws in place. I pulled the dash about 10 years ago and I don't remember having all this trouble even with the shorter wires. Hopefully this is the last time I do anything with this dash. I still have to install the steering column, driver seat and parts on the center dash.

I probably shouldn't say anything about what I still have to do in that I'm so damn slow these days!

• Like 2

Hello Hugh,

I can certainly agree with your thoughts on working under the dash of really any car.  When I was messing with the back of the dash in my 1957 Corvette, it quickly became apparent that I would need to trade my conventional glasses with bi-focals for some high powered reading glasses as my focal range needed was so short that I couldn't see what I was even working on, let alone to get my hands into place to do the work.  My aren't some of these projects fun!  Drop me a PM on Locomobile spares you may have.

Regards,

Alan

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello James,

I bet you are enjoying peasant weather in the sunny south of Texas.  Here in Utah, we are having some serious cold winter weather.  This morning I got to chop 6" of solid ice out of the cow watering hole.  The Locomobile instruction book, that I am missing some pages from, would certainly be improved to at least have copies of the missing information.  If you open your book to the middle, I am missing the two center leafs, which actually are numerically 4 pages.  Take a look, if you have what you think is the same instruction book, post a picture of the cover and I will be able to determine if your book is the same as my incomplete book.  Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Al

• 3 weeks later...

I am still seeking a radiator cap for a 1916-1918 radiator and shell I have. Asked about this some months ago and thought I had two people who were going to make the cap and the threaded part but it never happened, I have never heard anything further.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a 1913 operators manual for my Model 38. a 1914 or 1915 manual would be acceptable as well. 

also looking for a copy of the Locomobile Book covering the 1913 models or similar sales/factory literature

please email or PM me directly. (tomlee72@mac.com)

On 12/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, Walt G said:

I am still seeking a radiator cap for a 1916-1918 radiator and shell I have. Asked about this some months ago and thought I had two people who were going to make the cap and the threaded part but it never happened, I have never heard anything further.

Finally have the cap I was seeking, came from a very kind gentleman only within the past week, none of the people who originally said that they would help many months ago.

Walt

• Like 2

I am always pleased to share any information or photographs and images with anyone who I feel does the same for others and is not primarily to self focused ( check the period Images thread, and the 30+ years of stories and information I provided for the CCCA which I now consider past history, and no longer support).

• Like 2