Locomobile Parts Department "Wanted"

alsfarms

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It appears that I will not quickly locate an old fender left over from a restoration that can be used for a pattern.  Would the owner of a 1909 - 1912 Locomobile drop me a note as the second best would be to make a paper pattern that I could use to replicate the rear fenders for the above pictured Locomobile.  Thanks

Al

Does anyone have a dozen nice original brass nuts to affix the spark plug leads to the top of vintage spark plugs.  The thread is 8-32.  I know that these are readily available but I would sooner spend some time cleaning up an original early style than buy new.  Look through your cast offs....

Al

Hello,  I actually rounded up the count of "brass knurled nuts" that I need.  The Locomobile is a four cylinder and is running two plugs per cylinder.  I need a total of eight nuts.  I hope you have them and have eight and that they are not the same look as the modern "sterile" brass nuts.  Thanks for your reply!

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Al - saw you are looking for a rear fender, I may have what you need.  I have a 1914 Limo that I had some one from the car club make me a set of rear fenders.  He is in Ohio and I am in NJ  , he copied them off a car in Ohio but it was the wrong year.   I can send you pictures and dimensions if you want- it is a pair      I believe the car he used was a 1912

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Mike,  Sadly, this year I will not be making the trek to Hershey.  (I have other pushing commitments).  I would like to know more about your fenders.  If you have pictures, either post here or send a PM.  Tell me what you can about the car that was used as a pattern from which your fenders were built.  As I recall, your Locomobile is a 1914 and you are guessing that your fenders are replicated from a 1911 or 12?

Al

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone in the Locomobile arena.  I have a new "Want" item.  I have heard, on the Locomobile grape vine, that someone among us has a pattern for the Locomobile 48 oil pan.  There is currently a need for a missing oil pan, so if you happen to have a repairable spare or happen to know of the oil pan pattern, please drop a note.  Maybe we can help yet another Locomobile 48 to come to life.

Thanks,

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, alsfarms said:

It appears that I will not quickly locate an old fender left over from a restoration that can be used for a pattern.  Would the owner of a 1909 - 1912 Locomobile drop me a note as the second best would be to make a paper pattern that I could use to replicate the rear fenders for the above pictured Locomobile.  Thanks

Al

need your phone so I can text you a pic of my fenders

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, alsfarms said:

I need a few misc. early Locomobile parts.  If you also need Locomobile parts of any vintage or type, please post here.

Al

I am trying to restore an locomobile that is missing many parts.  At the present I am trying to figure out what and where did it have an "air pump".  Any ideas?  Thanks Mick  maehayes@centurytel.net 

• Like 1

Hello Mickey,  What year and Model is your car?  That will help us to help you.  Do you have the bulk of the big stuff, engine, trans., chassis?  The later Locomobiles actually did have an air pump to provide pressure to feed the fuel system to the carb.  Some cars were fitted with a Kellogg air compressor that could be engaged to help with flat tire repairs.  Pictures of your project are also helpful.  Where are you located?  Lets see if we can help you out.

Regards,

Al

Edited by alsfarms
clairty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am looking for any Locomobile or literature collector, that may have a duplicate or original of the 1909-1910 Model 30 and 40 instruction book.  I am missing some of the middle pages in my original and would like to make copies so I have the information I am missing.  Please look in your literature collection and see if you can help me out.  See the attached picture of the cover.

Al

DSC02022.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Locomobile Wanted:  Wanted  to buy for late teens or early twenties car......1917 Locomobile Book of Instruction, script Locomobile oil presssure gauge, script amp meter, top saddles that hold the folded top to the rear body section,  german silver stop light housing, glass and bezel for lamp at rear of front seat, radiator, german silver windshield frame, other misc. parts. Call Stewart at 413-519-4262 or email saterrien@comcast.net