alsfarms

Locomobile Parts Department "Wanted"

I need a few misc. early Locomobile parts.  If you also need Locomobile parts of any vintage or type, please post here.

Al

Does anyone have a spare and restorable Locomobile  cast brass hubcap per the picture.  I have a full set but one of my rear caps is NOT PRETTY.

Al

GetAttachmentThumbnail.jpg

DSC00653 (1024x768).jpg

Does anyone happen to have an old original 1909 Locomobile rear fender that could be used as a pattern?  The fender I need does not have the "skirt" around the outer edge of the fender, per the factory photo attached.

Al

DSC01515.JPG

It appears that I will not quickly locate an old fender left over from a restoration that can be used for a pattern.  Would the owner of a 1909 - 1912 Locomobile drop me a note as the second best would be to make a paper pattern that I could use to replicate the rear fenders for the above pictured Locomobile.  Thanks

Al

Does anyone have a dozen nice original brass nuts to affix the spark plug leads to the top of vintage spark plugs.  The thread is 8-32.  I know that these are readily available but I would sooner spend some time cleaning up an original early style than buy new.  Look through your cast offs....

Al

Hello,  I actually rounded up the count of "brass knurled nuts" that I need.  The Locomobile is a four cylinder and is running two plugs per cylinder.  I need a total of eight nuts.  I hope you have them and have eight and that they are not the same look as the modern "sterile" brass nuts.  Thanks for your reply!

Al

Does anyone know of Locomobile projects that are underway for restoration or re-restoration?  Maybe parts sourcing can happen here.

Al

Al - saw you are looking for a rear fender, I may have what you need.  I have a 1914 Limo that I had some one from the car club make me a set of rear fenders.  He is in Ohio and I am in NJ  , he copied them off a car in Ohio but it was the wrong year.   I can send you pictures and dimensions if you want- it is a pair      I believe the car he used was a 1912

Mike

• Like 1

Hello Mike,

I am interested in your spare, but incorrect for your car, rear fenders.  Please send over pictures so I can determine if they can be made to work on my 1909.

Alan

Posted (edited)

Take a second look at the picture of the above posted Locomobile cast brass hubcap.  I am still needing a better cap than what I now have.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)

I have a few Locomobile mid teens stamped brass hubcaps (both front and rear) to trade for one of the earlier cast brass caps.

Al

Does anyone happen to have an early Locomobile front axle, under a cart or hay wagon, that is available for sale?

Al

Good Morning Mike,  Sadly, this year I will not be making the trek to Hershey.  (I have other pushing commitments).  I would like to know more about your fenders.  If you have pictures, either post here or send a PM.  Tell me what you can about the car that was used as a pattern from which your fenders were built.  As I recall, your Locomobile is a 1914 and you are guessing that your fenders are replicated from a 1911 or 12?

Al

Hello Mike,  How did Hershey treat you this year?  Were you able to find and procure lots of needed bits and pieces that you are looking for?  If you get a chance, please forward a picture or two of the reproduction Locomobile front fenders.

Al

Hello everyone in the Locomobile arena.  I have a new "Want" item.  I have heard, on the Locomobile grape vine, that someone among us has a pattern for the Locomobile 48 oil pan.  There is currently a need for a missing oil pan, so if you happen to have a repairable spare or happen to know of the oil pan pattern, please drop a note.  Maybe we can help yet another Locomobile 48 to come to life.

Thanks,

Alan

al-  send me your phone number again so I can text you a few pix of the fenders, which I will do tonite or tomorrow afternoon

Mike

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, alsfarms said:

It appears that I will not quickly locate an old fender left over from a restoration that can be used for a pattern.  Would the owner of a 1909 - 1912 Locomobile drop me a note as the second best would be to make a paper pattern that I could use to replicate the rear fenders for the above pictured Locomobile.  Thanks

Al

need your phone so I can text you a pic of my fenders

Mike

• Like 1

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the pictures.  I need a bit more information to determine if I can make them work on my project.

Regards,

Al

Alan,

Do you have any photos etc of a Model 48 oil pan or remains? Is it missing completely?

My curiosity is getting the better of me.

T.

Does anyone on this forum know of a partial 4 or 6 cylinder Locomobile engine?  I could use a crankcase, crankshaft,  oil pan and other related items.

Al