Locomobile Parts Department "Wanted"

alsfarms

Here is a link to the huge Locomobile literature collection now held by the Bridgeport Public Library.  They are very nice and helpful to deal with.  If you need or want anything listed give them a try.  The list is extensive!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a "parts wanted" question on the reproduction Vanderbilt trophy radiator cap ornament used on the early Locomobile automobile to celebrate the Vanderbilt win of 1908.  Please re-look at the picture I posted on Oct 18.  If you have an original trophy ornament or know of someone that has one please share a reference.  I have a question.

Al

• 2 months later...

Did anyone attend the new replacement swap meet (Tulare Calif.) and see any Locomobile parts for sale?  If you did, share those things you saw here and a reference if you didn't purchase.  Maybe we  an help someone out...

Al

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am in need of several late model 48 parts, (1922-5)  These needs are:

1- fuel tank or patterns. 

2- head lamp forks or patterns

3- foot pedal assembly or patterns

4- crank hole cover or pattern

Alan Dewsnup

alsfarms@hotmail.com

Or PM

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a need that I thought to address to this Locomobile group.  I am getting close to a set of 21" Buffalo #6 wire wheels.  Actually, I lack just one wheel.  Does anyone happen to have or know where I can locate and procure the last wheel I need?

Al

• 2 weeks later...

I need a pair of fluted lenses as per the attached picture.  The OD that you see is 10-3/4" and the overall OD is 11-1/2".  More pictures or measurements if needed. I prefer to get a pair of lenses that match the picture but less the crack! 😁

Al

IMG_20211108_103758311.jpg.7cb7be00c8c4d607d6aac3abadd1a4c5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am still looking for a single elusive 21" Buffalo #6 wire wheel.  With spring being here now and we are more or less able to "get around", please check for me at any swap meet and drop a note if you see a single wire wheel available.

Thanks,

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for the posting on a #6 Buffalo wire wheel for sale. Sadly for me, if this is a correct #6 Buffalo wire wheel for a 1928 Cadillac, it will be a 20" not a 21" like I need. Keep your eye open, I know what I need is out there, I just haven't looked under the right rock yet!

Al

Al here's an Ebay link for a couple of cheap Yale locks (not sure if you found one). It is unclear if the inner cylinder is the right diameter or keyed for the right profile. It may take some trial and error but as others on the forum before have mentioned, going to an old time locksmith may be the solution. Obviously re-pinning for your key will be needed (but that's child's play - for me).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404031777057?hash=item5e122ba921:g:soQAAOSwGcBjjAfZ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoD2c8yBiBpgtNmMXUtVgHGQB6LoDxaNFHYIvYZihyBhRAatpQBWsQCEcPnXvNpeUPn1Xlewv21LoWUfJngx2BclpZuLz%2FI2ZfOjYDo5dOKZmjFtoamw3I11Vv6osZtHX79a1hUiFJXNvCj9qcNiS1u8XzqQsKNC6Ru7pje3qi0O%2FxGiNCi%2FSUh%2FxCUKV%2F7Q4Fy8E9fLMux0OjP0qLTZqAO4%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8zgi8WdYQ

• Like 1

Thanks for this information on eBay.  I have located a correct profile lock and partially correct cylinder. I just need to change the pins to match the correct key to match the rest of my auxiliary keys. This lock can certainly be an issue if restoring a car that may not be 100 percent complete like I have started with. The cylinder I found was a short version. I have had to machine a threaded extension for the back and am filing a matching profile on the back to facilitate silver soldering this new threaded extension and the cylinder together.  Seems like a big "gyration" but I want all locks functioning with the correct key face numbered properly and keyed to match. I will end up with my desire.

Al

I can tell it is getting cold and wintery outside because my mind slips in the learning mode....because it is getting to cold to play outside. On another Locomobile chat thread, a knowledgeable fellow posted a picture of a pair of tags very suitable for use and missing from my 1909 Locomobile Type L.  Does anyone have a spare that might have been reproduced in the past of the serial number tag, (not the Selden tag)? Interesting that the serial number shown is very close to my Locmobile....just an interesting coincidence.  Here is another "Wanted" Question.  Who can interpret the Selden tag number?  I understand that the Cadillac guys are on top of Cadillac Selden numbers.  Maybe someone here is up on Locomobile Selden Numbers.

Al

D9AE344C-6B99-41EE-9991-0878B76D911A.jpeg.51d3c935b78578f357978302271baa66.jpeg

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Ben,

What you need is smaller than a 38-48 cap.  I have not seen exactly the cap you are looking for. Could you post a picture from the top and one from the side so I will know what to watch for in my travels.  Lastly, is the cap you need Bakelite over brass with a port for a Moto-meter?  Or is it solid brass with a port for a Moto-meter?

• 8 months later...