1923 Buick, 1927 NASH, 1923 STUDEBAKER ocala FL craigslist

NOT MINE

https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/old-classic-cars-and-more/6493633212.html

ESTATE SALE

1923 BUICK TOURING AUTOMOBILE- Price: $4,900.00   Has run since current owner purchased.

1923 STUDEBAKER TOURING AUTOMOBILE- Price: $5,900.00   Has run since owner purchased. Has cracked head but comes with a replacement head.

1927 NASH TOURING AUTOMOBILE - Price: $6,900.00  It was restored, but then sat for a bit

00T0T_4K5gX1Fh77F_1200x900.jpg

00404_h053cT5gSgn_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_42UGoOdbM5e_1200x900.jpg

Yes George it does seem that these were cheap. But since they were to settle an estate it may have been the best thing to do. All the cars including the Nash which was supposedly restored look to need quite a bit of work to get them back on the road. All look to have been sitting more than just a "bit".

The 1925 Buick Master touring I bought in 2016 for about 1/3 of what I paid for my 1925 Standard touring in 2011 was by some, they considered that I stole it. Similar to the prices asked in the above craigslist ad.

The 25 Standard was touted to be a good running driving car.... After fighting for 5 years with the car to get some use out of it I finally had to have the tired engine rebuilt. (At the machine shop for 6 months already).That was after re-cored radiator, new tires, re-built fuel system, re-built clutch and brakes. The 1925 Master was also supposed to have had at least an overhauled engine, rebuilt fuel system, but with absolutely no brakes. After spending many hours just getting the front brakes working and the electrical system back to functioning it seemed that we could actually drive it a bit while the engine is out of the Standard . No such luck... The Master engine has developed some nasty lower end sounds now also.

Just saying that the prices paid for these type of cars are somewhat relative as to what underlying problems may exist.

I had seen the ad the other night, and originally the sale was for this weekend. I am heading down to my home in Ocala this weekend and I was planing on taking a look. I thought that the cars were fairly priced, priced as George pointed out. I was toying with the idea of getting another touring car again, but I made a promise to myself and my wife that I would sell some of my cars before I purchase anymore. Glad to see they have a home.The sale saves me from explaining to my wife why I bought any more cars

I will see you next week at your show George ( I am the owner of the green 60 Impala last year). For those who don't know George holds a great show at the Marion County Tax Collectors Office, where all of the proceeds go to charity. It is a good time for good causes. I seldom attend local car shows I prefer to go to club meets up and down the east coast, this show is one of the few exceptions.

See you in a week

Edited by John348 (see edit history)

Thanks for the nice words John! See you next Saturday 9-2. At Marion County Governmental Complex 111 S.E. 25th Ave. Ocala 34471. 175 cars the last two years! For a flyer email me at gnalbright@gmail.com   $20 to enter ,all proceeds go to local charities. Attendance is free. All make and model cars,bikes etc.   Thanks,George Albright

That's the way my estate sale will go. I have seen too many heirs left with distorted values for old cars and automobilia.

My Wife has a spreadsheet of the live and dead prices. Her response to it was "Really!"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a few crumpled bills, gave her my best Beagle eyed look, and said "Except for this and the cars, you got all the rest."

Don't make the inheritance a curse.

Bernie