My old Hupmobile sweater lives on...a little longer

lump

I grew up going to AACA and other old car events with my family. My mom was really creative, and constantly made things with antique car themes...especially Hupmobile themes. Somewhere around 1964 (my 4th grade year in elementary school), she made a sweater for me with an very good rendering of our 1923 Model R Hupmobile touring car on front and back. she made it large enough that I could wear it for a few years. Posted below is a photo of me posing with my little brother, wearing that sweater and standing in front of our Hupmobile. We were at Huffman Dam reservoir in greater Dayton, Ohio area, taking photos for family Christmas cards. This is the only photo of me wearing that sweater "back in the day." 

The next two photos were taken last fall, with my grandson Logan wearing the same sweater. The old sweater has a few holes here and there, and clearly won't live much longer. But I hope to take Logan and HIS little brother to the same spot at the Huffman Dam reservoir this upcoming fall, and try to recreate that photo. Come to think of it, I'll need to take my other grandson and his little sister, and recreate the same photo with them too. No need for jealousy! 

I miss my parents so much. Old photos like this bring memories flooding back. 

Jim in sweater & Ralphie at Huffman Dam 2 Lo Rez.jpg

Logan in Jims old sweater 1 Lo Rez.jpg

Logan in Jims old sweater rear view Lo Rez.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lump said:

I grew up going to AACA and other old car events with my family. My mom was really creative, and constantly made things with antique car themes...especially Hupmobile themes. Somewhere around 1964 (my 4th grade year in elementary school), she made a sweater for me with an very good rendering of our 1923 Model R Hupmobile touring car on front and back. she made it large enough that I could wear it for a few years. Posted below is a photo of me posing with my little brother, wearing that sweater and standing in front of our Hupmobile. We were at Huffman Dam reservoir in greater Dayton, Ohio area, taking photos for family Christmas cards. This is the only photo of me wearing that sweater "back in the day." 

The next two photos were taken last fall, with my grandson Logan wearing the same sweater. The old sweater has a few holes here and there, and clearly won't live much longer. But I hope to take Logan and HIS little brother to the same spot at the Huffman Dam reservoir this upcoming fall, and try to recreate that photo. Come to think of it, I'll need to take my other grandson and his little sister, and recreate the same photo with them too. No need for jealousy! 

I miss my parents so much. Old photos like this bring memories flooding back. 

Jim in sweater & Ralphie at Huffman Dam 2 Lo Rez.jpg

Logan in Jims old sweater 1 Lo Rez.jpg

Logan in Jims old sweater rear view Lo Rez.jpg

Neat story, neat sweater, and I completely understand missing your parents.