Saw these three oldies today while out and about....

keiser31

Well, my wife is pretty amazed and so am I sometimes when I just raise my arm up and shoot "in the vicinity" of a vehicle and it comes out as a good shot. We were walking in the grocery store parking lot when we saw the Studebaker. I was driving back from lunch when we saw the Ford and my wife was driving and I was riding when I hung my arm out the window to capture the Dodge truck. I always try to be careful whilst driving and shooting....

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I've never seen traffic, bumper to bumper, on south bound I-81 in Virginia like I did this morning, and told my son that it had to be eclipse chasers......good for them, 81percent won't do, need to have that 100 percent experience!

13 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

It's bumper to bumper around here on the freeway because of that.

Keiser, I am quite worried, it's going to be dark for two minutes when the eclipse happens. Do you have night vision goggles? We don't want to miss the cars that will be driving by!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike36 said:

Keiser, I am quite worried, it's going to be dark for two minutes when the eclipse happens. Do you have night vision goggles? We don't want to miss the cars that will be driving by!

I will have to go out to the local Army surplus store tomorrow to get some of those goggles....I can fit them onto my camera somehow....

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

The Studebaker truck I have seen around town for a while. The Ford is a new sight for me around here. The old Dodge truck is sitting at a fruit packing house....

I find it interesting all those vehicles seem to be carrying regular license plates.

I wonder why.

We've seen on our TVs the traffic heading to your eclipse!

A little story. My gt grandmother arrived (single) in Gisborne on 10 June 1886. Later that day, Mt Tarawera erupted. The  family story is she rose late next morning in the hotel (c. lunch time) because it was dark until something like 11 a.m. because of the ash cloud. Gisborne is roughly north-east of Tarawera.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Speaking of ash. How's the fires up there John? I know it's pretty bad right now. I have in laws up in Red man.

Pretty bad fires right this minute all around us....see these hills....you could not see them today. They are about 3 miles from my house....

Picture 26466.jpg

Picture 23762.jpg

Picture 26423.jpg