licence

dodgerod

In Alberta if you use origonal plate from 1929 you have to use both. I have a beautiful pair that I am going to use.

Not a lot of response to this query 

, I have seen top shelf restorations and the plate seems to be all over the place, centre,left, right not a big deal just curious whren it should be ....

nice 29 DA you have there, restoring it?

Todd

48 minutes ago, dodgerod said:

Nice! The second car is from alberta.

I notice also all of their headlamp wires exit out the back, mine come out the bottom of the mounting stem. What is correct? Maybe mine are not....beautiful cars

Todd

The car from Alberta is Harry Reding, he drives that thing everywhere. The difference in the lights is probably because of two manufacturers, Duo-Light is one, can't think of the other it's too late. LOTS of differences in DAs. 

Nothing . Just lucky ebay purchase got matching front and rear original plates . Had them registered as my YOM 's in Pa . Thought is was neat that GB's  are on a Graham Bros. truck . I was going to lash a rifle scabbard to the side of truck for my .257R Winchester . After all truck was used on the farm .

The '29 DA in my initial post was purchased as a "maybe project" by a couple of us, we decided we each had enough on our plate, so have sold it into Ontario, Canada last week. Shortly before we bought it, the headlights had been stolen from inside the car, unbeknownst to us! (pic shows original headlights sitting in rear of car when we agreed to buy it along with a rough spare set, both stolen). Tough finding a correct pair. During the search, we found a pair of I think 1930 Mopar lights on a bar that have the additional cross bar that carried the Dodge Badge. This set of headlights has the wiring coming out of the bottom of the headlight via a large diameter hollow mounting bolt, about 1" OD. Makes for a very large nut. The mounting point on the lights were concave and slotted to allow tilting, and the cross bar has concave mounting spots. So Mopar was.using more than one style mount. 

IMG_4474.JPG