Ferrari Sale

capngrog

For all of you with extra pocket change and are tired of chucking it in a Mason Jar every night:

http://www.sothebys.com/content/sothebys/en/news-video/slideshows/2017/ferrari-performance-collection-rm-monterey.html?cmp=email_selects___selects_ferrari_button1_21-jul-2017

I don't care who you are, those Ferraris are beautiful cars.  Has Ferrari ever built an ugly car?:P

Cheers,

Grog

A few years ago I was at a sports car show, displaying a car for a friend. Part of the deal was we could drive a new Ferrari if we wanted to. I'm not much of a post war guy, never mind new stuff. Anyways, I figured what the hell. Jumped into a pony car, realized it was an automatic, so I got out and went over to ask for a stick. They don't make them anymore.......... who would want sports car with an auto? Seems the new generation is so lazy that they can't learn to drive a manuel gear box. I never drove one of the cars.......... so, the answer to your question is "yes.......if it's a Ferrari with an automatic it is VERY unappealing!"

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Buick64C said:

It's worth playing the video just for the sound.

I remember that video from a couple of years ago.  It is still GREAT (I refuse to use the term "awesome").

Cheers,

Grog

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

A few years ago I was at a sports car show, displaying a car for a friend. Part of the deal was we could drive a new Ferrari if we wanted to. I'm not much of a post war guy, never mind new stuff. Anyways, I figured what the hell. Jumped into a pony car, realized it was an automatic, so I got out and went over to ask for a stick. They don't make them anymore.......... who would want sports car with an auto? Seems the new generation is so lazy that they can't learn to drive a manuel gear box. I never drove one of the cars.......... so, the answer to your question is "yes.......if it's a Ferrari with an automatic it is VERY unappealing!"

I agree!  I wouldn't hit a dog in the a$$ with a so-called sports car that had an automatic transmission.  I don't care about how an automatic transmission is supposed to be all that much faster and efficient ... it's not nearly as much fun!  Oh sure, Jim Hall is a visionary and a racing legend, and the first top level racer to use automatic transmissions in his race cars, but that didn't keep him from coming up with, in 1970, the infamous Chaparral 2J "Sucker Car" (the Hoover Mover).  I admit that Jim Hall and his acolytes are the wave of the future, but I remain the troglodyte joyfully banging the gears of his manual transmission.  I shift when I get damn good and well ready!:D

So there!:o

Cheers,

Grog

I bought a new Ram 2500 Diesel with a big ol' lever sticking out of the floor to stir the 6 speed myself. Ford and Chevrolet dropped the manual transmission altogether. My last sport car was a Healey 3000. Stick with overdrive. Lousy heater, hot in the summer, side curtains, a top that came apart and you stored in the trunk. That's sporty motoring

• Like 1

You should try shifting an original era Warford transmission in a model T racing car. (I LOVE it!!!) I have never even tried one of the new transmissions made to be easy to shift and yet look like the old style for a model T. I also prefer it with the original 25 disc clutch.

Now, you guys can go back to talking about your modern cars.

:):):) 

• Thanks 1